www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Tournament Details

Byron Big D Doubles

Time: October 25, 2008 at 7am
Location: Willow Brook Golf Course, Byron, Michigan
Street: 311 West Maple
City/Town: Byron Nichigan
Website or Map: http://www.hawkmeadows.com/Ma…
Phone: (248) 673-4785
Tournament Type: Am-only, B
Organized By: Bruce Brakel
Latest Activity: Oct 26, 2008

Tournament Description

PDGA CX tier.

Ratings based divisions based on the combined rating of the teammates:

Gold -- No Limit -- $43 per player
Silver -- Under 1900 -- $43 per player
Bronze -- Under 1820 -- $43 per player
Pewter -- Under 1740 -- $43 per player

Your $43 entry fee includes: CARTS, greens fees, player packs, trophies, some edible CTPs cooked by Diana and Kira, and PDGA points. The clubhouse will be selling lunch, beer and other beverages.

Registration will be from 7:00 a.m. until 8:30 a.m. If there is no frost delay, we'll shoot for an 8:45 am players meeting and a 9:10 a.m. tee off.

15 Brass player pack per player
25 Brass per player to payout
$15 per player green fees and cart fees are covered by the tournament.

Because we are sanctioning this, pros over 970 cannot play in an amateur division. Pros under 970 can.

If you want to take advantage of the cashless pre-reg e-mail me your team or post your team here. The last two years we've had over 100 players for this tournament.

Comment Wall

Comment

RSVP for Byron Big D Doubles to add comments!

Join www.DiscGolfersR.Us

Comment by Chris Wojciechowski on October 26, 2008 at 10:53pm
Had a lot of fun! Willowbrook is a blast to play. My partner made a TON of progress out there over the course of the day, no better place to teach distance throwing!
Comment by Bruce Brakel on October 26, 2008 at 8:30pm
I'll post scores right here. This is how they will look on the PDGA TD report. In order to fit in combined ratings doubles on a TD report you have to collapse the Silver and Bronze together.

MPO 1 DJ Hunt 16144 68 35 103
MPO 1 RC Hunt 36614 68 35 103
MPO 2 Ziggy Bierkoven 29879 71 33 104
MPO 2 Matt Toy 18265 71 33 104
MPO 3 Alex Gilson 36754 75 36 111
MPO 3 Chris Wojciecnowski 27965 75 36 111
MA1 1 Eric Gottlebar 20307 72 35 107 $75.00
MA1 1 Kong 20509 72 35 107 $75.00
MA1 2 Jason A Heller 22705 74 39 113 $12.50
MA1 2 Ken A Doom 10218 74 39 113 $12.50
MA1 3 Jeremy B Gibbs 32025 74 39 113 $12.50
MA1 3 Tim B Feldpausch 26466 74 39 113 $12.50
MA1 4 Preston Wnuk 33058 76 39 115 $80.00
MA1 4 Brent Guest 37321 76 39 115 $80.00
MA1 5 Dave Milewski 28557 77 39 116
MA1 5 John McAskin 36657 77 39 116
MA1 6 Bruce Brakel 13087 78 40 118 $45.00
MA1 6 Kiralyn Brakel 16008 78 40 118 $45.00
MA1 7 Jesse Cahill 33536 79 40 119
MA1 7 Noah Trimmer 31279 79 40 119
MA1 8 Todd White 13783 80 41 121
MA1 8 Tracy Glidden 21453 80 41 121
MA1 9 Bob Walz 20304 82 43 125
MA1 9 Bob Knapp $10 82 43 125
Comment by Jeremy Gibbs on October 26, 2008 at 1:43pm
Another fun tournament, even with the low turnout.
The "CTPs" were fun and the cookies were good.
Will results be posted other than the PDGA non-website? I forgot to look at final scores before leaving.

Thanks!
Comment by Chris Wojciechowski on October 24, 2008 at 9:11pm
Scratch one team from Toledo. Evan pulled his groin playin Ultimate.

Looks like it'll be...
GOLD (since its the only div I can play)
Chris Wojciechowski - 976
Alex Gilson - 841

(noticed how to google search cached PDGA member profiles if anyone wants to look up anyone's rating)
Comment by Kong on October 23, 2008 at 8:00pm
Hey Bruce,
Team DaDaDuh has pre-reg'd
Eric Gottleber 20307 966
Greg "Kong" Carlen 20509 930
Silver
Comment by Todd White on October 23, 2008 at 6:51pm
I can't believe the human abacus was wrong. I'm SHOCKED! :)
Comment by Bruce Brakel on October 23, 2008 at 6:23pm
My bad math. Sorry, Todd. The caps you see here are correct.

The windshields are cool. Or, dry, actually.
Comment by Jeremy Gibbs on October 23, 2008 at 12:40pm
30% Chance of FEW Showers currently on weather.com. That is 70% chance of good weather! Plus, you are sitting under a golf cart roof most of the time. If it is looking like rain, pay up for the $10 windshield. We made that mistake last year.

There may not be a next year if there is not a big enough turnout. That would be a shame.
Comment by Todd White on October 23, 2008 at 12:00pm
Bruce, Bronze is < 1820 according this this tournament information.
Bronze -- Under 1820 -- $43 per player

Last time I checked 905 + 896 = 1801 and is less than 1820
Comment by Bruce Brakel on October 23, 2008 at 11:35am
If you're reading this and you don't have a partner, I know there will be spare partners available. Kira and I will play or not play, together or on different teams, whatever is necessary to have an even number of teams. So if you're the odd man who would make an even number of teams, you've got Kira or I for a partner. If you're the odd man looking to make an odd team, you've got Kira or I for a partner and the other for a marshal.

There will be no sixsomes. There is not enough daylight for sixsomes.

There is Friday night rain in the forecast which should make for no frost Saturday morning.

Attending (11)

Might attend (5)

Not Attending (13)

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…
 

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968