The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf
It'll be singles for $5 (higher donations accepted) from the shorts, two rounds, starting at 10am, Sat. February 28, all proceeds going to the Lighthouse, a local shelter. Lunch TBA, I'll do some kinda schwag raffle/giveaway, and make sure we have a few CTP's. Possible ultra-modest prizes for top playa's. I'm gonna order some schtuff after I post this, donations for prizes/CTP's etc would be appreciated. Mini-discs will be given to you at sign up, consider it the players package.
Any two discs can be used. Only two discs allowed on course (not counting mini's). Discs can be replaced/changed out for second round.
Here's your players meeting:
1) No limit to number of players.
2) Shotgun start.
3) Sign up will consist of signing a name (preferably yours) on a scorecard. The hole number you start on will be circled. Remember that number. First name on the card is responsible for grabbing the card (not when you sign up, but right before the round starts at 10) and keeping score the first nine holes, and you must turf card duties to another player after nine holes. Card can be rotated amongst other players in the group if agreed upon by all the players in the group Otherwise, the second person on the card keeps score for the last nine holes.
4) We'll spread out the start across every other hole to promote quick play.
5) Winter rules in effect (throw from any safe place near the tee, including slightly ahead of tee-no foot fault penalty applies).
6) 2 meter rule in effect (ie-if disc comes to rest higher than 2 meters, it's a stroke, play it, or another disc, from directly below)
7) Mini's can be used for your marker. But you are not allowed to leave your mini behind!!! Possible one stroke penalty for doing so, and definite verbal abuse. TD discretion applies!! Grin ("Pro's" definitely not allowed to lose mini-and it's up to the rest of the group to help enforce this rule Shocked -consider yourself a pro if you might be seeded during dubs) You do not have to use your mini for a marker. You may leave it in your car during the round if you choose. This only becomes an issue if you
a) Would like to use your mini for the round (see rule 9). -OR-
b) If you happen to carry it at the start of the round, but don't come back with it. (Foursome/threesome/etc must make the call and notify TD Wink )
8 ) OB will only apply on hole nine. ANY portion of the disc in line w/the parking lot boundary (or over the line) will be considered OB. The brown wooden 9x9 posts are themselves OB. The entire disc must be clearly in the field of play. The players group (foursome, threesome, etc) makes the call.
9) If both discs are lost/broken during the round, YOUR players pack mini may be used to finish the round, if you carried it from the start of the round. Putts (or drives) that fall through the basket (they all will) count. You cannot use anyone else's mini. IF you end up having to use your mini, using a marking disc doesn't apply-ie-no penalty for not using a marker disc for your lie.
10) No divisions, it's pro open for everyone.
There's your players meeting. Looking forward to a two disc tourny....sign up by 9:59. If you're late, call someone at the course and we'll reserve your spot-for a small surcharge.
All proceeds (read cash) will be donated to the Lighthouse.