www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Anyone making plans yet?

From where i like (Kalamazoo, MI) its only a 10 hour drive to MO according to MapQuest, which really means its like a 7 or 8 hour drive! it'ddbe cool if some of us guys from MI could car pool or bunk up together in hotels there to save some doe! we should get it figured out so we dont have to worry about it.

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I wouldn't mind going also, but I might be going to Japan instead to visit the inlaws, and train in the martial art I study. I may pack a few discs if there is a course close by where I will be at anytime.
Terry Sink said:
$175 bucks for a full week is an awsome price, also if any of guys thinkin about going to worlds hasn't seen the courses being played, discgolfcoursereview.com has pictures of every hole and every course being played in the worlds. Do your homework!!!
correction the site is playdg.com
We have a chevy suburban, and a motel 6 can be 40$ a night, split 4 ways.
Last years worlds 5 of us rented a house in Kalamazoo fully furnished of course and was only $300 ea or so for the week, recomend it cause with a kitchen it made things so much easier and cheaper. A couple of us will be going down with a few vehicles and be passing through Kalamazoo from Ontario, although getting a ride down is great but if is anything like the 2008 worlds u might need to rent a vehicle down there due to the different pool assignments. All I can say is if u have any chance of going to the worlds GO it is nothing like any other Tourny, not to mention 7 rounds at least
$1500 for the week? is that right? where the hell in Kazoo was this? It sounds like you got ripped of, brother. Of course there are neighborhoods around here where I could believe it. There are some really nice houses out here, some dumps too. What street were you staying on?
The website is up.

http://kcworlds.com/

Interesting to note: The Advanced pool is playing 2 out of five rounds and the Semi-finals at an as of yet non-existent course In Black Hoof Park in Lenexa, KS. It is a Houck-designed course that will be permanent and is scheduled to open in the Spring.

http://www.houckdesign.com/currentproj.html

So you CAN look up the other courses in KC, but if you are playing Advanced there is a lot of your week that hasn't been installed yet.
up in Richland, had 3 floors, couple of decks overlooking water and enough room for all the portables wooded and open. U can always do things for cheaper but just letting people know spending $50 a nite on a motel is just a start, add in your meals for eating out etc etc it all adds up. But renting a house and having a few tvs and the outdoors plus the kitchen just means u have options while not playing.
Mongoose said:
$1500 for the week? is that right? where the hell in Kazoo was this? It sounds like you got ripped of, brother. Of course there are neighborhoods around here where I could believe it. There are some really nice houses out here, some dumps too. What street were you staying on?
Mongoose i have never been to a worlds before so 1500 was just a estimate on every expence possible. i wouldn't imagine actually spending 1500 dollars in a week, always nice to be prepared though.
You'll spend at least $900 just on your room if you stay at the host hotel!
Book a weekly rate at one of those 179$* a week places "in town suites"? or motel 6- 180-230$ a week. Not 900$. Spend the savings at the fly-mart. Your $ will go to disc golf companies instead.
I didn't say I was staying there. I know too many people up there for that. The only time I will stay at a host hotel is for USDGC.
Lsdiscs hasn't decided if we want to camp or get rooms...fortunately we live only a lil over an hour away from KC....if there are anyone interested in camping send me a message or comment....

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968