www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

The noon Sunday doubles at Kensington Metropark in Milford, Michigan will have an ace pool around a thousand dollars. It currently sits at $856 but since the it costs $2 to enter and the crowds have been robust for league, it should be close to a grand. For the past few weeks the winning team has collected around $100.

It is rumored that a couple ringers from Wisconsin (Joe Weinshel & Tom Holsten) may be in attendance. I plan to bring them so the rumor started with me.

The rules for ace pool as I understand them: anyone can show up and play league ($5 buy in, random draw, pro-am, best shot) and have the option to enter the ace pool for an extra $2. An ace takes half the ace pool. If a player plays California (when there are an odd number of players) and pays double they collect double league payout (if any) but if the Cali aces on the 2nd drive it does not count for the ace pool. League Director Jeff Kaluk makes the rules, not me, so consult him at league for any clarifications.

Registration for the league closes at 11:45 am sharp.

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Crap, google says 7 hours from Fond du Lac, WI...stupid lake michigan.
If I fly up from Florida (DiscPlayer Learjet), Not really.
Around $500, An educated guess.
Take my shoes off at the airport. It's always fun taking your disc golf bag through security.
Don't tell the you work for the CIA. And they are plastic explosives. (You won't get very far).
Food, lodging, $5 buy in, $2 ace pool.
And win both doubles and hit an ace, cash $1100, (do you guys play $5-$1 universal or just in the group?).
More $.

PRICELESS!
Wow! Mark, you should warn MetroParks they'll need to staff up for crowd control Sunday at Kensington.
I would think between the police on horses, golf carts, and on foot security should be covered. Then again after what happened last weekend....... :(
Probably good you only pay half the ace pot to keep the payout under $600 and not have to file tax withholdings...
If I hit a $1000 advertised ace Pot, and you only paid me $500.
I'd prolly, steal every basket in the park later that night!
just saying!
Our local league always throws $ into a backup ace-pot every league day.
just my .02
j
dang i wish i had time and money to go up there and play. Even if I didnt win the ace pool and someone else did, it would be a trip to watch the reaction at pay out.
Moe,
If someone told you the deal UPFRONT (which my post does and is made clear to league members), you paid your $2, then hit the ace, you would be upset at collecting $500??

The half payout provides two benefits: multiple aces split the whole pot and if a single ace hits then the ace pool remains a generous draw for the league.

So if the $500 isn't enough for you then just hit two aces during the round.

By your analysis, if I visited your league and hit the ace pool, when I was not paid the money in the backup ace pool, I should feel justified to return and destroy your course?? Say what??
to took a $500 ace pot would make my month. i don't have the time to get down there and even try but man it would be nice, i wouldn't want to have to carry around $1000 from that anyway that brings out to many things that could get me into alot of trouble bars strip clubs you know the drill 500 on the other hand just the right amount of trouble
Are there many ace runs on the course?
Plenty.
Should draw a bunch of players !!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968