www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

The noon Sunday doubles at Kensington Metropark in Milford, Michigan will have an ace pool around a thousand dollars. It currently sits at $856 but since the it costs $2 to enter and the crowds have been robust for league, it should be close to a grand. For the past few weeks the winning team has collected around $100.

It is rumored that a couple ringers from Wisconsin (Joe Weinshel & Tom Holsten) may be in attendance. I plan to bring them so the rumor started with me.

The rules for ace pool as I understand them: anyone can show up and play league ($5 buy in, random draw, pro-am, best shot) and have the option to enter the ace pool for an extra $2. An ace takes half the ace pool. If a player plays California (when there are an odd number of players) and pays double they collect double league payout (if any) but if the Cali aces on the 2nd drive it does not count for the ace pool. League Director Jeff Kaluk makes the rules, not me, so consult him at league for any clarifications.

Registration for the league closes at 11:45 am sharp.

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd say you fell out of bed...bumped your head and woke up!!!
The largest 'ace pot' I have ever had the pleasure of receiving was $467!
Like to see how big it gets.
Brandon, when I saw your disappointment in drive time, I remembered the ferry that crosses Lake Michigan from Manitowoc, WI to Ludington, MI. I did an internet map as well and the ferry ride across Lake Michigan adds an hour to the drive. That doesn’t help at all…and I guess you know that. To ease your pain a little, my drive up to Milford, MI would be around 14 hours…
We have a $599 cap in Tulsa for tax reasons.

Still It's a lot of money.

Been capped a few times a several courses.
Most of the local clubs around here cap at 500.....That is well below that pesky Tax thing
So did anyone hit an ace today?
2 aces apparently, so no one won 500$ themselves.
It's at 1000 already? wow! it was 837 last i looked last week!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968