www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Ok, this may be a stupid question but I am relatively new to playing disc golf. What does it mean when some is a 1000 rated player?

Can someone point me to a site that explains how all this ratings stuff works?

Thanks

Tags: 1000, rated, ratings

Views: 369

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

here is z good putting video http://vimeo.com/19847946

Not trolling at all. Those $5 lessons were what got me playing and winning tourneys way back in the 90s. Because of those $5 lessons I was able to beat Donny Olow AND Pete Stravopolous in a monthly while i was playing Intermediate. 

Think about it. If you could get Nate Doss or Avery Jenkins to bet you $5 and kick your ass, as long as you paid attention it would be the best $5 you ever lost.

Loving you!

it makes for some good reading though

I agree...the best player in the area when I was early in my disc career was Brian Cummings...I played $2.00 rounds with quarter skins again and again until I finally learned all his tricks and turned it around...woulda been $5.00 as Xian says 'cept this started in the 80's and my 3 young kids kept me on a budget....

the rating system doesn't mean very much at all. It's kinda like a handicap in golf. I personally am starting to believe that doubles is a purer form of disc golf because it doesn't use ratings and it's almost always competitive and one of the fastest ways to get better. I wouldn't invest much in time into figuring out your rating or watching it move. Play/Love disc golf. Watch great players throw. The best things to learn early in order to establish good habits are grip, run-up, and putting motion/aiming. I wouldn't let anyone give you pointers on anything else until you feel like you have "plateau-ed" and haven't improved for 6 months.

Hmm you should definitely take pointers just be careful who you get them from.

Usually if they aren't a touring pro you're better off hitting youtube or figuring things out for yourself.

It would be nice if ratings were made official a lot more quickly.  Waiting for official ratings can take months and kind of takes the usefulness and fun out of tracking your progress through pdga ratings.  I'm sure there is a lot that goes into calculating official ratings and many many tournaments for the month to calculate, but there has to be a quicker more efficient way to do this.  

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968