www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Ok, this may be a stupid question but I am relatively new to playing disc golf. What does it mean when some is a 1000 rated player?

Can someone point me to a site that explains how all this ratings stuff works?

Thanks

Tags: 1000, rated, ratings

Views: 373

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

here is z good putting video http://vimeo.com/19847946

Not trolling at all. Those $5 lessons were what got me playing and winning tourneys way back in the 90s. Because of those $5 lessons I was able to beat Donny Olow AND Pete Stravopolous in a monthly while i was playing Intermediate. 

Think about it. If you could get Nate Doss or Avery Jenkins to bet you $5 and kick your ass, as long as you paid attention it would be the best $5 you ever lost.

Loving you!

it makes for some good reading though

I agree...the best player in the area when I was early in my disc career was Brian Cummings...I played $2.00 rounds with quarter skins again and again until I finally learned all his tricks and turned it around...woulda been $5.00 as Xian says 'cept this started in the 80's and my 3 young kids kept me on a budget....

the rating system doesn't mean very much at all. It's kinda like a handicap in golf. I personally am starting to believe that doubles is a purer form of disc golf because it doesn't use ratings and it's almost always competitive and one of the fastest ways to get better. I wouldn't invest much in time into figuring out your rating or watching it move. Play/Love disc golf. Watch great players throw. The best things to learn early in order to establish good habits are grip, run-up, and putting motion/aiming. I wouldn't let anyone give you pointers on anything else until you feel like you have "plateau-ed" and haven't improved for 6 months.

Hmm you should definitely take pointers just be careful who you get them from.

Usually if they aren't a touring pro you're better off hitting youtube or figuring things out for yourself.

It would be nice if ratings were made official a lot more quickly.  Waiting for official ratings can take months and kind of takes the usefulness and fun out of tracking your progress through pdga ratings.  I'm sure there is a lot that goes into calculating official ratings and many many tournaments for the month to calculate, but there has to be a quicker more efficient way to do this.  

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968