www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Ok, this may be a stupid question but I am relatively new to playing disc golf. What does it mean when some is a 1000 rated player?

Can someone point me to a site that explains how all this ratings stuff works?

Thanks

Tags: 1000, rated, ratings

Views: 373

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm sure someone (Chuck) could do this much better. The PDGA rates players based on their tournament scores. The top pros are rated in the 1000's for a point on reference 900 is generally considered intermediate. The rating chart is available on the PDGA website. Hope this helps some.
Here are the ratings documents and the first one called Ratings Guide covers what a 1000 rating means:
http://www.pdga.com/ratings
Thanks everyone, I appreciated it. I think I have a grasp on it....I think.

So, today I I shot a 61 on a par 54 course. The PDGA iPhone App said that round is a 790 rating. I have looked on the PDGA website, but it is a little tough to decipher. Can someone explain what my 790 means? Thanks!

Recreational Division. It also means you may want to practice more. A lot more.

Thanks for the explanation. I started playing 10/10/11 - 4 months ago. My scores have dropped from the 80's to the 60's with the previous round out there, a 58. I played five times last weekend, three times this past week, have purchased a practice basket, and play as much as I can. Sure, I need to improve and practice more...but, was looking for an explanation on my score, not a rebuke. Cheers. 

Not a rebuke, just a recommendation if you play in a tourney. That practice basket should help.

I want to play in tourneys at some point. And, I have been practicing my putting. And, have been spending a lot of time at the end of rounds practicing driving. I have been stalking the internet trying to find clinics in my area...and have been trying to go out to play with the best players I can find in my area.The biggest challenge to my game right now is my drives are just not getting the length I need them to. Everything I have been told and tried so far...my drives are just not coming out as flat as I need them to, like I am seeing on the guys that can bomb. 

So, if you know of a source I can look to that would hook me up with say a Discraft clinic I would be most appreciative. 

Find the best golfer you can and bet him (or her) 5 bucks straight up. Five dollar lessons are the best lessons.

Wow Xian, you're a hot mess tonight?

He asked a good question for a new guy. Give him something good that he can use now that you wacked him. Bad Boy. Hehehe

check out the forums on disc golf review they are very heplful!

as for disc golf course review things can get out of hand like titanium baskets and paige pierce stalkers...lol

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968