www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

http://cgi.ebay.com/Flawless-Clear-Zonedriven-2001-CE-Roc-Disc-Golf...

Wow, I knew old CE Rocs were pricey...but this is just crazy.

Views: 108

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

agreed, that is just insane
That is crazy. 8 bids!
WOW, only 1,400.00 thanks for the heads up! That's a steal!
for 1400 bucks you would think the seller would pay the 5.50 shipping for ya:)
Some people just have more money than brains. I still just don't get it I guess, I don't care what kind of collection you have I just don't find that disc that impressive. I would rather hang the $1400 on my wall and look at that. The registry had the weight listed wrong, what else?
Ok that is crazy do we need to say more.
If you know the history of the 2001 CE Rocs then you'd know how few of them were clear and stamped zonedriven. Somewhere around 40 or 50. This one is listed as "flawless", meaning no air bubbles, making it even more rare.

The mass of the 2001 run were the yellow ones. They were $25 each to purchase. I actually bought 2 of them, had them shipped, threw one for a couple of weeks, realized that i liked it, then called back and ordered 6 more for a total of 8. Try to do that today! They sell out in hours now, not weeks or even months like the first year! Later that year i was sponsored by Discraft and couldn't throw my purchases....just had to sit on the sideline and watch the craze and inflation commence. The yellow 2001's sell for about $300ea today. Not sure what one with Barry's signature would go for since he won the USDGC that year.....

This auction though, reminds me of when my good friend MaceMan sold a 2001 MaceMan CE ROC, 1 of only 4 that were red. It sold for $1475.51 three or four years ago. Here's a pic of the auction page:

what what what OMG
It's still just a piece of plastic.
People collect ANYTHING so it's the simple concept of supply and demand that determine the price, "worth" it or not... If a 4 inch piece of cardboard with Mickey Mantle on it sells for $10,000 why not $1,000+ for a piece of plastic?!?!
or a piece of toast with the image of menudo, thats gotto be worth something
$20 for the piece of toast with menudo's picture on it!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968