www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have been living in Japan for sometime now, and just wanted to say that thanks to being forced to throw discs no heavier than 152gm has made me really love disc golf again! My game is much tighter and my shot selection is much more thought out. I also throw fewer models and think more about wind direction. I'll be moving back to Maui within the year, and have no intentions of going back to my old weights (170ish). Has anyone else out there gone light and seen the benefits?

Views: 443

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

good to hear! ive never gone heavy, only throw light :) 150cl drivers to 160cl midrange/putt.
What are you using for drivers? Valkyrie? R-Pro Boss? I would carry much lighter discs if I could find them.
Well Valks are out there in 150 but only in DX plasitic.

R-Pro Bosses are out there also.
I started throwing 150s this year and love it. I live and die with 150s (at least for drivers).

I do throw heavier mids and putters.

My favorite disc is a 152g R-Pro Katana. I cannot wait for the new selection of discs for the Japan Open of 2011
you'll be just fine in poli poli with 150 class plastic . my r-pro boss for drives has shaved almost 10 strokes off my game , and i am on the big island , can you say trade winds .
plenty of 150 champ valks out there.
At first I was having trouble turning everything over when I made the switch to 150, so I started throwing nothing but overstable stuff. Now my form has become much more compact and I rely on snap, glide, and form rather than juicing it and turning them over. Now I throw Leopards, Teebirds, And QOLFs as mains and have a Firebird and Gazelle that I throw every now and then.
There's actually a really good selection of 150s out there. I get 90% of my gear from Clearwater Disc Golf Store. Valks are all over the place. Champ and Star in 150! Putters are harder to find. I like Aviar P&As because Innova makes them in all different weights and stiffnesses so they are pretty easy to get you hands on.
Poli Poli... Can't wait to get back and play there again. And Kapalue is on the Leeward side so it shouldn't be a problem. Maybe I'll make my way to Big Island and we can get a few rounds in.
Yeah I missed that one . . . guess what I do not throw.
how do they feel throwing? I was thinking about getting a 150-160 valk
Really, really light at first. But after you make a few small corrections in form, you'll freak out how far you can get them to go and how acurately they get there. I don't know about Valks too much, but lots of the Japanese players swear by them.
hero discs usa has all kinds of putters in 150 class . thats were i get most of my light plastic .

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968