www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have been living in Japan for sometime now, and just wanted to say that thanks to being forced to throw discs no heavier than 152gm has made me really love disc golf again! My game is much tighter and my shot selection is much more thought out. I also throw fewer models and think more about wind direction. I'll be moving back to Maui within the year, and have no intentions of going back to my old weights (170ish). Has anyone else out there gone light and seen the benefits?

Views: 443

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hero Disc USA is great. THey carry alot of the 150 layovers from the Japan Open. I've never had a chance to play on Big Island, but I recently watched a few clips on Youtube. Crazy trades and a couple tiny water hazards,lol!
when you get back too hawaii , and plan too get out to the big island look me up . the states are coming in oct , and the big island open is jan . 22 -23 hope you can make plans !
when i have to have max distance i throw one of my 3 r-pro boss's. all weight under 150
I have a 150g champion valk that I throw for rollers or hyzer flips. I can't throw it full power or it turns over too much. I'd say I can get it out to a max distance of about 350'... a lot longer in a tailwind though. I have a 150g dx xcal that is the most overstable disc I've thrown. 150g Surges are pretty long... tons of glide. A 160g r pro boss was the longest disc I've ever owned, consistently to 425'. It would flip a bit and glide on that line for a long time before fading out.
I don't know if anyone Stateside knows Manabu Kajiyama, but today we had a little face off. We threw creatively at a very small 9 hole course here in Tokyo. Just guessing, but every hole we made was easily over 370' from tee to basket. We both overthrew and birdied almost everything. Light plastic goes for days with less effort. we didn't throw any big D discs like Destroyers or Wraiths or anything like that. 150 Teebirds all day. I love disc golf again! Look out for Manabu at the USDGC!
Keep waiting brother...Japan Open is every 2 years, 2012!
That's rad! R-Pro Boss', for me, are way flippy. I throw Qolfs for anything over 400'. Mainly Teebirds for most holes in Japan. Today, I rolled a Millennium Sirius OLS about 500' dead dick parker! I think that may be the best roller disc ever...
I'm on it. Do you know AC( air condition) Jerry from Maui?
Does he throw all 150 class when he competes here in the states?
When he does round in U.S.A., he uses heavy Disc.
In Japan, there are the tournament how I can use Disc (150Open) equal to or less than 159.9g for and the tournament that Disc equal to or less than 152g can use.

Charles,

I realize this is quite an old post but could you tell me where I might find a 150 class Katana. I've looked almost everywhere but no luck.

thx, Rick

The 150 class drivers now fly great. Some even come in premium plastic !!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968