www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am familiar with 150 Class events, but I just heard about the existence of a 160 Class. Is there really such an option or is my source wrong?

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would think anything 160-169 would be 160 class. I have never seen it on a disc like with the 150s but i would say that it is "real".
I know there are 160 weight discs... But are you referring to the existence of a 160 class disc golfing event?
I know the japan open now allows up to 159.9. So maybe now they are 160 class insted of 150. Just a guess
We have a winner ^

Not too many around besides the Hero/Innovas tho
That's got to be it, Brad. Thanks.
Chuck Kennedy referred to it in a discussion on the PDGA board:

"All Super Class discs are approved for PDGA play in any event unless it's 150 (or now 160) Class."
This year it was still called 150 class but the class was extended to 159.9 max legal weight

From Japan open site:
Sanctioned as a "150-class" PDGA Major, players can thrown only discs that weigh-in at less than 159.9 grams. This is a legacy from where the event originated in the highly populated Tokyo city park courses three decades ago. This lighter class of discs requires a steep learning curve for our players under the best conditions, but can also be a huge liability with the winds that are known to course down the Nasu Highlands mountainside during this beginning of the annual rainy season in Japan.

http://www.japanopen.info/

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968