www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I thought all disc golfers were in favor of 18 hole courses over anything smaller ??? YOUR VOICE COUNTS - 9 or 18 Hole Course at Bay City State Recreation Area - that is the question

just across the wire - The Friends Of Bay City State Recreation Area RETURN the awarded $7740.00, along with all other donations specific to the dgc project.

NEWS UPDATE - after 4 years of planning 18 holes on 12 acres of the 300 acres available for recreational day use at BCSRA, the design " didn't effectively consider the wetlands and natural inhabitants to the degree necessary for such environmentally important and sensitive land ". Upon the insistance of those paid stewards of our state lands, all of the funds were given back and the four year project for an 18 hole course has essentially been scraped. Disc golfers are not to be discouraged though, in 2013 the BCSRA has committed to explore the possibility for suitable land to accommodate an 9 hole DGC.

please sign this petition to let the disc golfer's voice be heard

http://www.change.org/petitions/disc-ciples-promote-the-great-face-...

Views: 371

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

thanks for asking. as I understand, the State is investigating putting in at least 9 holes with the possibility of expanding, although nothing has been said as to what would make them decide to expand. I designed multiple 18 layouts on about 14 acres and options for up to 27 holes and another 10 acres, raised almost $12,000.00 with cash and pledges but that plan has all be put to rest. 200 acres await daily users, if you know the Park, you know how under utilized it is by visitors. 2013 was the year that the local paper stated as the Park's estimated time to get serious. 

zippity do dah - FREE KARMA ? 

it is a seriously underused  area , that is a dam shame , what a beautiful piece of land. Hard to believe that at one time it was Michigans most visited beach . Now its a empty lot looking for someone to enjoy it again .

but we can't use it because it's "very sensitive, environmentally important land that as stewards for the state we must consider and protect it for 20, 50 or 100 years or more to come". 

May I have your autograph ? if we all share, we'll have 100 signatures by Friday

60 signatures and growing. 100 signatures needed by the next meeting date. Even if your in favor of starting the construction of a 9 hole course while following the plan of a full 18 holes, please sign and make a statement. After all, the $12.000.00 we had, along with the layouts that were provided for the course easily allowed for 9 holes to be built with 9 to follow once issue with sensitive areas were resolved. Why the plan was tabled and then again initiated is an interesting question.

I thought all disc golfers were in favor of 18 hole courses over anything smaller ? 

well I am for sure , and I am pretty sure most are . I live in Saginaw is there anything  I can do to help? I try to get the word out .truth is I am new to the sport and dont know many people in it. but if there is something I can do to help LMK. 

best advice I have for anyone interested in disc golf at Bay City State Recreation Area is to contact the BCSRA and offer your help, opinion and any extra millions of $$$ you have lying around. 

!8 holes is better if the park has the room and they are not just squeezed in. I played a 9 hole course in Porter Indiana last week for the first time and it did a great job of putting 9 good holes in...plus I heard there are longer pin placements...18 holes there would have been too much holes in not enough space....we played 2 rounds of 9...get to take another shot at holes you feel you should have gotten the first time....

yes, that's what I do on 18, double it for 36 holes. The area in question has over 200 unused acres available for day/visitor use. thanks for any support

only a few more signatures needed and I can turn in the petition. thanks for signing and encouraging others to sign and share. after you sign, get your discs and godiscn

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968