www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I understand that a big change up is underway at Dela.paving the parking lot is a good thing, but changing a world famous course should have a bit more consideration. taking pins out to keep disc away from the street. so sad to see one of the reasons I stay in Santa Cruz is being taken away.

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I imagine it will be better when re-designed? Make sure it's done by Doss and crew. There is much room to improve it, and over time the land and trees wear out.
I don't really know who is doing it .... or the new design. I have seen deterioration in some places but nothing that would require reducing the course from 27 to 18 holes. this is the rumor I am hearing.

Ben Calhoun said:
I imagine it will be better when re-designed? Make sure it's done by Doss and crew. There is much room to improve it, and over time the land and trees wear out.
18 holes?? That would just be a stupid thing to do on the city's part. With it being that busy and not many other close courses, it would become a nightmare fast without new course(s) being installed! That's the first concern that comes to mind.
Solomon said:
I don't really know who is doing it .... or the new design. I have seen deterioration in some places but nothing that would require reducing the course from 27 to 18 holes. this is the rumor I am hearing.

Ben Calhoun said:
IF they redesign to 18 holes it will still use up ALL of the space used by the current 27.

I am also quite sure that the redesign will be well thought out AND be done by those who know what they are doing.
Though DeLa will NEVER be the same, change MUST happen if the course is to survive.
I will miss the old layout that I have been playing since 1993, BUT then so do the old guys who played the course that was there before what we NOW have in place.
Im REALLY glad that I was able to attend the Masters Cup this yr and play the layout before the changes were made...

Peace
While there are some changes, holes are not being moved to keep discs out of the street. The baskets for Top of the World and #6 are being moved to make room for some erosion control work along the road. There's a very good chance that Top of the World's basket will return to it's original spot once the work is done. #6 will moved short is all. Nothing is being "taken away" except the tee for #23 to make room for the much needed parking lot.

For anyone concerned about the design of the course, or anything else going on at DeLa, we would love to have your input at one of the club meetings, by emailing the club officers, or talking to one of us at the course. It's more helpful than spreading rumors.
Thanks for that info.... I was voicing my concerns and questions and have NO intention of starting or spreading rumors . I am very happy to hear about the parking lot and your reply is comforting . Nuff said. thnx again Russ

RussJ said:
While there are some changes, holes are not being moved to keep discs out of the street. The baskets for Top of the World and #6 are being moved to make room for some erosion control work along the road. There's a very good chance that Top of the World's basket will return to it's original spot once the work is done. #6 will moved short is all. Nothing is being "taken away" except the tee for #23 to make room for the much needed parking lot.

For anyone concerned about the design of the course, or anything else going on at DeLa, we would love to have your input at one of the club meetings, by emailing the club officers, or talking to one of us at the course. It's more helpful than spreading rumors.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968