www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Can anybody tell me how i should be gripping a disc for approach shots? I can't seem to get them to go straight for me. They always turn to the left. Anybody know of any good online videos?

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Try throwing a putter such as a aviar from about a 100 feet away do this for a while it should help and it could also be something with your form so watch how you hold the disc and turn your wrist
Well

I use aviar and it goes straight

I hold it the same way as I do when I putt.
The grip for me depends on how far out I am and how much spin I am selecting. Ken Climo uses the same grip even for putting. I use a fan grip for ups and putting and a power grip for most drives. If I am trying to force a slow midrange to go farther I must use the power grip. I have found the USDGC Rocs a favorite among my group. It is great for longer flat shots that hyzer at the end. One can control the hyzer amount by the height in which it is thrown. I would recomend a Champion Classic Roc. It will have a long life and won't want to fight as hard left all the time. Don't forget about the Stingray either. It is great for beginners and once your gain confidence and power it can do other things for you. Hope this helps.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968