www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What is your favorite short distance putter (under 30ft.) and why?

Views: 36

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I used to putt with Magnets, Challengers and the Banger GT. Love them all. Heck ... give me ANY disc and I'm probably going to love it ... nobody is paying me to play with anything, so what the heck!

What's most important. Practice ... period. Doesn't matter what you throw. I can throw any putter just as good as the next. I even love to use my Rocs for putting sometimes, and have been known to leave my putters in the car and putt with a groovy 175g JK/KC Roc I have. If you're wondering what that is, it's a KC Roc made with JK plastic ... nice and soft and groovy, LOL.
I loves me some Blowfly! For me it has a nice "dead fish" flop if I miss and very dependable flight. Plus I can use it as a hand puppet. The first time you fold it in half and then fold it again and then throw it at the chains like a baseball, the look on peoples faces who are unfamiliar with the disc is priceless. Even better if it happens to be the one out of 100 times that it actually stays in the basket from that type of throw. But if you throw it as designed, it will do its best to crawl in the basket for you. Within 30 feet, this is my go to putter.
Oh yeah same as the Blunt!
Challenger any way you got it max weight Pro d, soft, esp, flx, dont care straight flier out of my hands love the challenger
I use the SSS Wizard in dry conditions and E in wet. Outside of 30, I go to the SSS Warlock and E for an approach.
Love my Birdie, as a turbo putter its rim is ideal.
challengers for putts inside 30ft, outside 30ft and outside 150-180ft. challengers are the best. Put both mine in a pond last night and i wasnt about to go out like that so i had to go swimming after them. The fucking water was freezing but thats why u dont play drunk golf :)
I started out with my infamous Rhino, love the disc, and when pressure is high I always grab it. Hits every time! Otherwise, I am a big fan of the Banger GT, one red, 167 one white 175. These discs will do anything you want them to, with immense control.
Geoff
under 30 ft. i throw an evolution series wizard. its soft and very predictable. if you catch chains it usually sticks. anything further out i grab my dx soft plastic aviar.
I use the original soft magnets at 174g. It does the same thing everytime. It I miss, it isnt the putter.
Pro D Challengers, I use them for all putts inside of 60ft. Then I go to my old X APX for anything outside of the challenger's range but still in putting range. The challengers are very predictable and are a nice stable putter that beats in nicely over time. My X APX just floats straight as an arrow with little effort for those longer putts. Both are great discs that have been permanently in my bag for over a year and have treated me well.
lost my favorite driver to a pond last month. went in after it 30 dgrees and sick but i got it back

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968