www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What is your favorite short distance putter (under 30ft.) and why?

Views: 27

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i like ss omega best. easy to handle and if it hits in the chains it`s in for sure
I'm a big fan of the soft Banger GT, very grippy and comfortable in the hand, which are the two main things I look for in a putter.
the best chain grabber is the dga blowfly. If you compare the outside rim of the blowfly to other putters you can easily tell that it would grip the metal more. I have a hard time controlling it though as you really need to get used to it's feel. Of course it all depends on your own putting style with the angle of release and all that. Guys that like a stiffer putter would really hate the blowfly. I am not saying it is the best putter out there i am just saying that it grabs the chains the best. I have compared the blowfly to all of the other putters listed in this thread and more.
Kittyhawk Putter (soft like an eraser)

Beadless Aviar

"Hands On" Aviar
I will never put with anything but the "Discraft soft Magnet"

Afterall, it is the chain slammin' device.
Wizard!

Why? Because it doesn't miss within 30ft.
i have (5) 172g jk aviars and (1) 172g kc aviar. love them
you also don't play golf drunk because you are only 19 years old so it's against the law (even in VA).
esp banger. its so solid
Banger GT, my new favourite putter. I have one in 175, and one in 167. Why? Distance and wind. Light for distance, and heavy for the winds. I love it.
My favorite putter isnt designed to be a putter at all. I recently fond a disc that had nothing on the top of the disc except for "trueline". I didnt know what it was, it looked like a mid-ranger, and at the time me and my putter were not getting along, so I started using it for short approaches and putts, it has singlehandedly reduced my score by 3-4 shots per round. I looked on the back of the disc for patent/manufacture info, after a quick web search, it turns out to be made by wham-o corp, the holder of the original patent for old fashioned Frisbees; apparently they want to break into the folf market. Anyhow, this disc works so well I bought the entire line of wham-o folf disc (4-5 disc), and I am waiting on them in the mail. I have used aviars, rocs, and magnets as putters, and in my opinion, none of them are worth the extra weight or lost space in my bag. Maybe I am being to harsh, the roc is useful for shorter downhill drives, and the soft, rubbery, grippy magnet is useful if you (like i used to) use the overhand putting style. I still think the aviar is a POS though.
i usually use my blunt gumputt, i like the feel and it doesn't have the tendency to roll if you miss. i have used this disc for approaches around 60-80 feet as well.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968