www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What is your favorite short distance putter (under 30ft.) and why?

Views: 32

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My favorite is the Wizard, mainly the Super Soft. I like them because they stick in the chains well and they are very stable
I recently switched to a Buzzz Esp 176.
A putter is ALWAYS a personal preference disc, the majority of players that try an Aviar will like it, but its certainly not for everyone. No one should say that any one putter is perfect, it may be for you, but its not going to be for everyone else.

I prefer a Champion Aviar P&A, but since its discontinued and the ones on EBay are running $25 it looks like I will have to switch soon. It has good grip in my hands and goes super straight with my style of putting. I will most likely be switching to a softer putter like a JK Aviar or a Wizard.
FYI:
Discgolfcenter.com has Aviar Champ x-outs for 10.99 and regular Champs for 15.99.
I think they have free shipping on $12.00+ orders
Thank you :)
lol...some disc you never heard of is the bomb putter but the Aviar P&A (a widely used disc) is a POS. Makes sense to me?
After a few others I started to use the soft magnet and I will never go back to anything else.
started with an Aviar. for some reason,years later.. I got into a ching JUJU and liked it. but then discovered the straddle putt, and now use a nice beat up challenger which has boosted my confidence.

I think there is a big mental issue with discs. asside from minor differences and the obvious issues of overstability/understability from different ranges... putting is very mental to me.

therefore a disc I "feel" will work better..seems to work better.
Magnet is my choice. I started with Aviar P&A but it was too rigid for me, then tried Soft Magnet which then again was too floppy. I changed in to regular Magnet and that was just perfect. I have since tried almost every putter in the market but nothing suits me better than a Magnet. I must say though that in my opinion the putter makes about 20 per cent of the putting. The rest comes from between your ears.
I second that. I went from Glow (AWESOME) to Star (AWESOMER) this season.
AVIAR
Soft Magnet in the house.

only downside is i go through one every couple of months or so, they get beat and flip
Beat Soft Magnet for anhyzer approach shots

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968