www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So...I recently misplaced my star aviar, and I've got the feeling I'm not going to be seeing it again.

So I currently have a 148g DX aviar to putt with.

Should I buy another Star aviar, for approaches and putts, or should I buy a DX putter instead? Because star putters do get beat up less.

I'm a little lost on what to do, but I'm leaning towards having a star and a DX putter again.

And I can't believe I gotta pay 14-17 bucks for a new putter -.- I'm 13 and I can't get a job...this game gets expensive sometimes...

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ed,
You are a compassionate man! Good on you!
When I was 13, I had what was known as a bicycle. It got me everywhere.
But times are different, or are they? Let's see, and there was a gasoline shortage then too. What have we done about this? Did not have video games then...... It is great that the kid is outside! Not behind a video screen.

mr ed said:
hey now,true.The game is inexpensive,but for a thirteen year old without income /job it is expensive.Throw in the travel/gas from the parents,that's all money spent perhaps over a set budget.Peace
Disc Player Sports said:
Ed,
When compared to many 'other' sports, Disc Golf is very inexpensive.
You don't get better by throwing all the same disc.
But you don't need 100 in your bag.

mr ed said:
hey now,buy what you can afford,Save for what You really want.Your folks will appreciate the mowed lawn AND ANY OTHER TASKS THAT YOU DO.Birthday and Christmas lists are still a great means of your wants and needs.The game has become expensive.Perhaps the disc nymphs will locate your misplaced putter,check under your bag.Peace
hey now,back at you.the outside activity is a plus.I grew up in a small northern town where one walked,biked to get anywhere needed.Perhaps times back then were more trusting"50-'60's, we made due with what we thought up,played sports,and threw frizbee."Target" is what we made up,did not know that it would evlove into this great sport.We also played early "ultimate"but we all just knew it as a form of 'frisbee football" game.Played in the street(road rash!) also on /in parks,empty lots,school fields.Yes ,I did have an early "pluto"platter frisbee along with a great baseball card collection that disapeared as I grew older and a younger brother who sold,traded,lost my stuff.Oh well,time and money,money and time,play hard ,make the best of things you have.Stay outside and play.Peace

Disc Player Sports said:
Ed,
You are a compassionate man! Good on you!
When I was 13, I had what was known as a bicycle. It got me everywhere.
But times are different, or are they? Let's see, and there was a gasoline shortage then too. What have we done about this? Did not have video games then...... It is great that the kid is outside! Not behind a video screen.

mr ed said:
hey now,true.The game is inexpensive,but for a thirteen year old without income /job it is expensive.Throw in the travel/gas from the parents,that's all money spent perhaps over a set budget.Peace
Disc Player Sports said:
Ed,
When compared to many 'other' sports, Disc Golf is very inexpensive.
You don't get better by throwing all the same disc.
But you don't need 100 in your bag.

mr ed said:
hey now,buy what you can afford,Save for what You really want.Your folks will appreciate the mowed lawn AND ANY OTHER TASKS THAT YOU DO.Birthday and Christmas lists are still a great means of your wants and needs.The game has become expensive.Perhaps the disc nymphs will locate your misplaced putter,check under your bag.Peace
Wow guys :)

I do have a bike, and I ride it to the park half the time I go

but it's a new $200 bike,and I'm not really wanting it stolen

Our DGC is at a public park and some VERY shady people hang out there.

I wouldn't put it past them to cut my bike lock and take off with the bike
Shady people at a 'Disc Golf Course?'
All too common.....

Kyle Jacob Smalling said:
Wow guys :)

I do have a bike, and I ride it to the park half the time I go

but it's a new $200 bike,and I'm not really wanting it stolen

Our DGC is at a public park and some VERY shady people hang out there.

I wouldn't put it past them to cut my bike lock and take off with the bike

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968