www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I've been trying to look up some key exercises to help improve my overall fitness and also help with better distance. I know proper form plays a big factor but I'm sure a solid core and some power behind my rips will help too. I already do pull ups.. push ups.. abdominal crunches. I've seen this "Powerball" device around the internet. I was just wondering from some of the owners of this device... Is this ball actually worth the $50.00. Would I be better off just sticking to the traditional cardio exercises?

Thanks

Tags: cardio, cardiovascular, exercising, powerball

Views: 833

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Powerball.......?

lol..i thought you meant like the lotto
haha. no.. I should've been more specific. It's a device that strengthens the hand, wrist, forearms and shoulders. I just wasn't sure if it's worth the 50 bucks.
well...sounds like a scam

how does it work?
how about rubber tubing with a handle on one end. practice the throwing motion with the other end fastened
IMO it's worth it, they are totally not a scam. I picked one up last year & it's awesome, just make sure you get the RPM counter so you can verify your improving your RPM's. I noticed I added distance to my drives after using the ball for only a couple of weeks. The burn you feel from using the ball is intense, at first you'll probably only be able to use the ball for 2 minutes at a time. I found out about the Powerball from a local disc golf forum in IL. There is a disc golfer that sold them a couple of years back. He has a bunch in stock & he sells them cheaper than on the internet. I forgot his name, but his email address is roadkill_4512@yahoo.com Email him and tell him your a disc golfer & you are interested in a Powerball & I'm sure he'll hook you up.

Hope this helps
Jason
www.stores.ebay.com/Action-Sportz-Disc-Golf
well, I can't speak for that version but I picked up a less expensive model and if you already have ANY strench in your wrist-forearm than it doesn't seem to help at all. It looks like a very simalar model to what I had and you wind a cord into it and pull it to get the ball spinning and the effect only lasts for a few seconds.

I will tell you now, You would be much better served picking up 2 10 pound weights for a fraction of the price.!!!

But if you don't want to do that and you want to try one of these out go to a shop that has them in stock and try one. Then if you want one go to http://www.powerballs.com as they seem to be a little less expensive.
Rec'd one as a gift a couple of years ago.
Don't use it all the time, but after each use, do feel a difference.
Use on both arms. Do this for balance.
Really a variety of exercise works. Remember stretch.
For anyone interested in these, they are well worth it in many aspects. Being the late starter that I am, I had alot of trouble getting any kind of snap on a disc. The reason for that was the lack of motion in my wrist. Not only does this device increase the range that your wrist can move but it also develops the muscles in and around your wrist. This leads to alot better snap and power, not only in your drives but your putting as well. I have one, and I use it about 8-15 times a day. If you get the one with the RPM counter on it, you will see an improvment after about a week or so.

Just remember anything that helps build your chest, shoulder, forearm, and wrist will help lead to a faster more fluid throw or putt. Make sure you are not just using the ball but doing other excersizes as well.

If you have any questions about it, you can always contact me.

Eric
I've had one for years and I think it works great.. Use it as much as possible and you will see a improvement in your wrist/ hand strength...

I also use grips from heavygrips.com these are some serious hand strength enhancers (but you should only use these as recommended... your hand take a lot longer to recover from a workout)...

Does anyone use anything else? I am always looking for a new hand/ forearm workout...
a really appreciate the feedback. I'll most likely get one to go with my workout routine. It's especially interesting to here the feedback from the people who have tried it out. Thanks for the other additional exercises that could help just as much. Gotta work on the big guns... haha
how to make:
get a 10lb weight
cut a 2ft section of a wooden broom stick
tie a rope to the center of the broom stick
tie the other end to the weight

how to use:
grab each end of the stick and just roll the weight up and down
i have only done this once but it made everything up to my shoulders burn like hell so i figured it works well lol

StillDead said:
I've had one for years and I think it works great.. Use it as much as possible and you will see a improvement in your wrist/ hand strength...

I also use grips from heavygrips.com these are some serious hand strength enhancers (but you should only use these as recommended... your hand take a lot longer to recover from a workout)...

Does anyone use anything else? I am always looking for a new hand/ forearm workout...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968