www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Some time in the summer i plan on taking a tour of michigans best courses. I'm gonna start at Kensington go up threw Midland and go all the way up to Boyne. On the way back to Brighton gonna go down the west coast to Ludington to Grand Rapids and then head back East threw Lansing. This is all about camping, partying, and of corse DISC!!

Here is all the citys on the trip: 10 days
-start
Milford- Kensington
Davidson
Freeland
Midland
Wolverine or Bellaire
Kallaska
Traverse City
Kingsley
Cadillac
Ludington
Whitehall
Muskegon
Lowell
Lansing
-end
back to Brighton end of trip!!!

if you live in michigan and this sounds like fun send me a message. I should have prices times and everthing else planned out in a month or two

Tags: michigan, road, trip

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Don't forget Freemont-near ludington, greeeeat course no one knows about.
I did this in 2005, every course listed then. Took a few months, well worth it.
New for 2008! The Willowbrook Golf Course in Byron, MI is installing 18 Chainstars! Call for a tee time 810-266-4660.
They will also be hosting a few doubles tournaments throughout the summer, one of them is mid july. Check out the Willowbrook Disc Golf Course Club for some photos and other info.
Give me a shout when you come thru Lansing.
Being from OHIO and traveled the world playing as many DG courses as I can (465 to date, 57 of them in Michigan). I can attest that your going to have a blast playing all those courses you've listed.

But I would definately try to play

Flip City in Shelby
Seymour Lake in Oxford
Central Michigan University in Mt. Pleasant as they have a hotel right next to the course that has there own basket.
Branstrom Park DGC in Fremont
Boyne Mountain in Boyne Falls pay the extra $$ to get a ride up the Mountain
Ya, since my dad designed Boyne Mountain's course, they have done some re-designing on their own time. The course has definetly changed, some changes aren't any good at all :( if u would like a guide give me a shout. Would be happy to walk the course with you. If you hit Traverse City, play Hickory Hills and dont forget one of Michigan's Hardest courses in the 9 hole Championship course at MT. Holiday.... its on the opposite side of the Hickory Hills in TC. Enjoy sounds expensive but really fun. Try not to forget River Road sports complex in Petoskey, just north of Boyne Falls!

T.R.
I LOVED Boyne Mt. course, tell your Dad thank you for getting such a cool course on that property. I tell everyone it's a must play. There's more courses I still have to play in Michigan as I leave a few out in each area so I can come back in a few years when (hopefully ) there's more. I did play Petoskey (and from your picture in your profile it could of come from that course??) . A cool thing I did back in '06 was taking a car ferry across lake Michigan from Milwaukee to Muskegon (wildcat express), and I know of another older and slower ferry that goes across from Manitowic, Wi to Ludington. so that makes even more courses available for play. so I'll definately be back up. When I do visit your area, perhaps we can go throw a round--------------------------------------- - +

Dan
Yes Dan, my current picture is on Hole # 22 at RR. Its awesome course if you know where your going, and where the baskets are LOL. Almost 75-80% of the course are blind holes! Check out my profile there are some more pics of it, all the pictures are on flat land, so its not hard to tell which ones they are. Again Boyne Mountain has made some changes, it was great a couple of years ago, one of the best, but is slowly sliding into an abyss of nothingness! :(

Don't forget Avalanche disc golf course in Boyne City it's a real nice course. It's a good walk 2.25 miles gradually up hill to this great view of the bay. I'm always up for a round and I'm about 5 min. from the course. Have a great time.
As a tourist (meaning this is the first time i'm playing a picticular course) I found that this course was kinda difficult to navagate as some of the tee signs we're smashed up or either missing so in some cases I had to locate the basket and then walk to an area to where I thought a tee would be only to find the tee area not there. Now the view from the last hole was the bomb, especailly on the fall day I was there as it was record heat and the fall colors in full bloom, but it was really hard to navigate this course blind.

I've played some excellect courses, but I played some good courses that would be rated higher in my personal rating standards if they had better signage.

Next time i'm in your area we'll have to hook up cause I can always use a good travel guide.

Fairwinds, Dan
Being I'm from Traverse City and played several of the courses on your tour, I would add Miles Kimmerly in Maple City. Beautiful, you'll be disappointed if you miss that one.
Sounds like a great trip. I live in Toledo, Ohio and last summer I spent a week playing at many of the courses you hit. (We played 421 holes, 17 courses in 7 days). Sounds like a blast, and once you know more, I may be able to join you all for a couple of days. Definitely, add Flip City to your list.
Oh, and my current profile picture is on top of the Boyne Mt. course (they let us go up the lift for free).
do boyne mt on a friday or sat they open the lift for free

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968