www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I don't know about you, but when I play disc golf I'm never shooting anything.
I do make some good throws occasionally, but I'm never shooting anything.
When I want to shoot things I take my camera.
When I'm in the park at the disc golf course I'm throwing discs.
So what do you think? How did you throw today?

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

....Speech...
Shel,

I don't get it.
What's your point???????????????
You forgot HUK!
From the Tee I like to "Drop Bombs" in the woods I use "frozen ropes" in the chains I Fire "Laser Beams"...GET SOME!
I like to be able to hit everything and practising that over and over helps.
depends on the wind though - yeah, take a picture and study it....find the right flight path and a disc that you know will get you there as easy as possible. damn those little twigs that show up in the way all the time! I am going to go play today. The front half of our course is flooded though.
I want to throw the Cadillac course Cal. Why don't you call me anymore? No love for the monkey? Uhhhhhhh I guess a few peeps are going to Kingsley on Sunday, it's one of our young disc golfer friends birthday. Maybe your free saturday afternoon to visit Cattle Tracks?
monkey,
I'm in buckley today.
get back to work.
did you do league yesterday?
sat or sun could work.
give me a call.
basically your attempt at humor was merely an attempt.

the beauty of disc golf culture is that it does not constrain itself to collar popping or correct golf verbage(my own word) but allows the freedom to express oneself with a variety of jargon or slang.

I prefer to slang a disc and hope not to schule. Twizzle can be good or bad but nobody like a wormburner!

Everybody enjoys some tree lovin' from time to time and skip-magic never hurts.

In my opinion, a throw tends to describe the actual swinging motion.
For instance when I ask someone "How did you throw?"
there reply is something like: I felt like i was getting a lot of snap on the disc.

So at the end of a round I ask people how they shot and how they felt about there throws.

Basically I don't know why I bothered to reply because it is all a matter of opinion and style.

So get wicked with it and don't worry about what is correct to say!!!
aaaaaand the IDP (Inane Debate Posse) begins to creep over from the pdga.com forums =)
Solid reply brother!

The intention of the writer of this topic did so with the hope of getting such responses. I know him personally and I can vouge for the fact that he's just having fun.

You know, when your right about so many things one could look for diliberate oppotunities to be wrong in the debating process. It's a discovery, who are you? What's more important... Shoot or throw or who ya gonna play with.
I like Dom...Short for Dominate. I dommed some drives today and I tossed a few nice putts. Did you Dom today?
I mounted several baskets to day and I even made one my b_ _ _ _!

0h by the way the originator of this post has milky calves and enjoys men's figure skating...

in case u were wondering why

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968