www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

i need a very stable driver. ive went thru firebirds teerexs maxs destroyers im haveing a hard time finding something that can handle the snap i put on it. i can consisntanlty throw 400 ft anny but im having trouble finding something i can throw straight with alot of power and snap. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I use the STRATUS X -1.5 WORKS GREAT FOR MY DRIVES
Gabriel said:
go with a epic and watch it go... ;)

...now that's funny
I said that in all joking, Max weight FORCE esp.. a constant Michigan joke is to putt with one.. ;)
If it is a turn over issue and not in fact bad form, a first run ESP Force will tame anyone with snap.

-Eric-
I have seen all of the Over and Understable discs mentioned, however, I have not heard the question being answered. Hyzerflex this, or Anni float that. However, everyone has overlooked the Star(s) both TL and SL. These are rated to be superstable, I currently use the TL, and keep the SL in my bag for those long straight tight shots.

Im not by far thwarting any one persons knowledge. All are great inputs, but like I said, I have not heard anyone mention the above two discs. Man, I hope you figure it out. It be awesome for you.
Tony

The problem is with the archer, not the arrows.

It's rather obvious you have some serious form issues. You said you have 400' power and you're turning over firebirds and wraiths. That sounds like off-axis torque or a very bad release. I know top pros that throw over 500 and they don't turnover these discs. I'd advise you to videotape yourself and have it analyzed by a more experienced player.
Fury said:
I use the STRATUS X -1.5 WORKS GREAT FOR MY DRIVES

uh.....ok?
You are having a hard time with New Max's and New Firebirds handling your snap. You need to turn pro!!!! I my opinion when you have that kinda power and you use it everytime then nothing will fly straight for you. you have to learn to back off. I say you get the most stable disc you can find and back off to 75% and see what happens.
One thought, for your awesome backhand power.If you throw a FH shot incorrectly the most overstable disc will flip. I have a friend who has this problem. When he drives the disc wobbles and then flips. i think you may be having the same issue. Just a thought.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968