www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

why is the chat on a separate page.. again? because it gets hardly any usage on the page it is now, someone said, can we have an option to gave it on the front, or not?

Anyone else think it should be moved back/

Tags: chat

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They should actually find a way to make the chat come up in a seperate window so you can chat on it while still browsing through other pages within the network. This would help foster live interaction while not discouraging the surfing of the network. But I don't know if Ning makes that an option or not.
I think that was the idea here!
whats big deal with the chat in a seperate window
I like it in a separate window..then you know who's logged in to the CHAT window, not just the entire ning site.
maybe some people haven't figured out how to open multiple windows on their computer yet! it is called windowS, plural not window. he he he lol. come on people whats the big deal, Leave Terry alone to think up more cool stuff to put on the site!
I of course know why it was done. There is no way to have a pop-up window. Chat on the front page slows down not only the chat, but the loading of the front page for people with slow internet. So this way, both the site and chat will run faster.
btw, Why is the chat on the old version? to simply put it, it sucks. Bring back the flash based one, it did not slow down this on any internet that i used. and it didn't lag like hell either.
second that!
I can not even find the chat area!
Bottom of the page there is a bar. On the right side of that bar are little icons. Click on them till you get a new window.
Bottom right-hand corner of browser window.

The little bar on top of a pyramid opens up a chat window that is attached to the bottom bar and stays there no matter where you go in the network.

The small rectangle/larger rectangle image opens up a free-floating window that you can do anything with.
The way the chat was set up originally...was a big time drag on the site...the way it is now allows the site to function much more smoothly.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968