www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I see the pro firebirds listed on Innovas website. I actually have one of those newer ones. this discs is obviously in champion plastic and really looks like the mold that my champion firebirds are from. any thoughts?

Views: 9

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would have to see the rim on the underside
whats the difference? I don't have a camera that would get detailed enough to show a difference.
if there is a little bead on the end of the rim then it is not an FL.
thanks Brian, I'll give it a look later. Where can I find info on older Innova discs like this. The innova web site is devoid of info on "Legacy" discs.
I have one like that but yellow and it's an FX. Those were the ones made right after CE if I remember correctly. To the best of my knowledge Champion FL's were only CFR (would have more than likely had a tourney stamp instead of a stock stamp) if they were even available when that disc came out.
so is the fx more or less stable than a normal firebird? I haven't had a chance to throw it yet.
The FX is the "normal" firebird. The DX first runs were FX mold marked F. When they released the Firebird in CE they released the FL as the first runs (I seem to remember that they were afraid of the added stability in CE plastic so they "tamed it down" with the FL mold, if someone knows better than I please correct me). There were also CE Firebirds marked F and FX both being the FX mold.
Cool I was hoping it was the more stable "regular firebird" The newer pro firebird fl is not stable enough at all. reminds me more of a wraith or viking maybe in flight
Yeah, the newer Pro Firebird FL's are some of the least stable Firebird/FL derivations that have been released. In CE or CFR the FL isn't a bad disc. The Pro Firebird FL is nothing like its Champion cousins. Most discs in Pro (the opaque Pro, not the candy) are less stable than their CE/Champion/Star counterparts.
Thanks for all your help Rodney! I throw almost all champ plastic and I agree with the "champ is more stable" I have a nice star firebird and I like it alot but it definately doesn't turn near as hard and the champ one. Still alot more stable than my pro FL though! my lime green champ bird is a super stable pig! and I've hit every tree at the park with it too!
No problem man. I still haven't thrown a Star since I haven't managed to wear out my used CE's yet.
Apparantly from what I know that the FLs are like a combined firebird/lepoard mold. Try discgolfcenter.com, they explain way better than I can.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968