www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

i was just wodering , but does anyone know if there is a distance recoerd for a sidearm throw, and if there is how far is it?

Views: 733

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

not sure....but I would bet on Geoff Bennett in a contest
Yes there is. I don't know where it is listed but I seem to remember that it was about 520 or 550 by Scott Stokley. I did look under WFDF records but they don't make any designation as to backhand or sidearm. I'd try a Google search under Scott Stokley or Gregg Hosfeld (I believe Hosfeld did have a site listing golf records a while back). Good luck
Here ya go!
Hit up the Big D in April!
http://wfdf.org/index.php?page=records/index.htm#distance
That's just distance records, not sidearm distance records.
Thats weird.. and they got the craziest world records on there.. i coulda sworn.. sorry
LOL that's ok, that's the first place Google took me also
I believe it's still Scott Stokely at around 650'.
Stokely came and did a demo at our course when I was a newbie, about 1999. He was (I believe) the distance record holder (backhand) at that time. When he was showing us his techniques he threw both backhand and sidearm. In my recollection his sidearm was VERY near to his backhand distance wise. I dont think at that time, or even now there was/is a distinction between the throw you do, only the distance. I think there should be, and if there is, I am anxious to see!
His sidearm record is 541' with a X-Clone...think if he ever got his hands on any of the new Discraft plastic during his prime!! His backhand was around 650'...that record held from 95' to 02' when Max Voight broke it with a XS
I think he may have smashed that 541' record during that heavy wind year at Big D in the desert. Not 100% but I think he may have gotten off a 700'er. I remeber his girlfriend throwing a 1/4 mile roller that year. It was VERY windy.
:)
Sam or Chicken at Innova would know for sure.

i mis my x clone...

552' Boulder, Colorado, 1978. Ken Westerfield with a 119-gram world class model Frisbee.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968