www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So yesterday I was just fooling around and i did something I have never heard of before.

You have to be familiar with the 2 finger double stack forehand grip to understand.

I basically did the 2 finger double stack but I used 3 fingers - index, middle, and ring on the inside rim. Pinky on the outside and thumb on top clinched against first knuckle (one that is on the hand not first one on the finger).

I threw the longest shot anyone in my group had ever thrown, easily into the 400ft range. It was so strange and easy.

So good for me right? Wrong, I woke up this morning to play and found that I had some soreness but nothing to bad. Well after my round, I noticed that I wasnt throwing nearly as far as I was crushing it yesterday. i dont want to sound to down though, as i was throwing it further than normal, just not like yesterday?

Any idea why?

My first analysis is that my arm is fatigued, as it is pretty sore now and after I played. I also think the muscles in my hand and fingers are tired as I am just not gripping as hard as i did yesterday. Plus I developed a blister where i grip the disc in the webbing of my thumb and index (on that first knuckle) Am i on the right track? Anyone else use this grip? Is my thumb placement good? what are your thoughts?

As you can tell I am thirsting for knowledge in hopes this is the grip to take me to the next level.

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I also wanted to know if anyone thinks you can grip the sidearm too hard? Because yesterday I was squeezing as hard as i could.
I squeeze as hard as I can with backhand, never hurts my hand.

With sidearm, I actually hold the disc very loosely

But I don't throw sidearm often, so don't go off my word
thanks.
i got a tiop give up hahahah
thanks alot.

anyone else? was really hoping mark might catch this one.
I guess I will continue to reply so it stays on the page.

In hopes of some more help!
First of all, Donnie, GO BUCKS! And for any of you haters out there who are neck deep in USC's back side, I have only one thing to say to you: STANFORD.

My buddy Greg grips his like you describe. I think it's weird, but I throw it a pretty fair distance and he is still walking when I get to mine.

Keep working. The skin will get calloused and you'll be fine.
I hope so, I will test it back out tonight.

CANT WAIT for the US OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968