www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have been waiting for this disc for years and it is finally here...any thoughts?

UPDATE: I got my DRONE today and used in the month end tourney. The Drone left me feeling like I could take on the world so I moved up into the Pro Div.. Was getting tired of the baggers so I tried to make them feel bad by me moving up and it worked.

Views: 44

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm kinda supprised, last I heard fromt he rumor mill is that the only plastic the drone was gonna be availible in was the pro-d due to manufacuting complications with weight. glad to hear and I may have to pick a few up for forehand upshots
wow i hope this is true, i have a beat d plastic one and have been hoping they would come out with a z plastic, but i would totally be ok witha flx esp plastic one !!! bring it on !!!!
Never had pro-d drone. I might get a flx one though! Always looking for a nice stable middie! hope the flx stays as stable I've heard the pro-d is!
No flx drones on ebay yet!
Just ordered 2 from Sunking discs!
I've had an flx buzzz and flx surge since they first came out. I still have the buzzz in my bag. Don't throw it much but it is the best short anny disc I 've found yet. could never get used to the extra grip on the surge. I'm so used to throwing Champ stuff!
FLX.....love it especially for flicks and tomahawks, love pressing down hard on the flight plate with my thumb! I've got three FLX discs (2 buzz and one challenger). Love the buzz. Not sure about the FLX plastic for short putts....been trying to use it more and more. My buddy (foz) tells me for him there is no difference between the D plastic and FLX for putting. the FLX challengers seems to bounce off the chains more than my d plastic.....but that could just be mental. I am thinking that I may start using it for more upshots but not convinced it will replace my ESP banger gt for that. Looking forward to trying both the drone and avenger in FLX.
I played catch with an FLX LE (Limitied Edition) Drone today with Kevin Tomasitis. I liked it a lot and immediately put it in the bag. I threw it twice during a competitive round thereafter and it performed just like I hoped it would. (The first real throws in competition are important tests to determine how much the disc really wants to stay in the starting lineup-rather than being relegated to the trunk or a box).

Generally I like FLX plastic in cold weather but not enough so that it replaces Z plastic, which is my favorite. In this case though, the Drone in D plastic is just too domey for my taste. The Drone in FLX is much flatter, feels great and flies with predictable overstability. The first runs came in white and a crystal-looking vibrant blue. Due, in part, to the foot of snow on the ground, I chose the blue ones to test. Kevin had a green FLX from an earlier experimental run and it flew the same as the new blue ones.

In the past I have thrown the Drones in D plastic but haven't thrown them recently so I'm not sure how they compare in overstability. In the catch game, I was throwing into a moderate headwind and we varied the distances from about '100 to about '250. The FLX Drone fought the wind without problem, flew pretty straight when I released it on a slight anhyzer line and hyzered sharply at the end of its flight. It didn't skip much at all but given the conditions (plowed parking lot with still and inch or so of snow and ice on it), I'm not sure much can be accurately appraised about its skip tendency. It never flipped over and there seemed to be little danger of it flipping over like mid-ranges are prone to when thrown forehand, especially into a headwind. (I am forehand dominant). Kevin, who is backhand dominant and throws with great power never flipped it over, either.

Last weekend I played in terrible cold and wind conditions at the tournament in Kalamazoo, MIchigan. If I had had the new FLX Drone last weekend it would have gotten a lot of use, both forehand and backhand.
Wow this is great news! I love the D Drones but I feel they were disposable because you never new when it would take one to many good hits and become useless as the super overstable mid it's supposed to be. I love my flx buzz and am going to run out and get a flx drone. Now I just need to figure out what to do with that stack of unused back-up D drones in the basemant.
sweeeet my awsome wife just ordered me two of these, cant wait to get them and try one out !!!!!
I'm sure they will sell on Ebay!
shes definately a keeper!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968