www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Haven't you ever wondered how that destroyer you are throwing was made? Or the roc, cyclone, beast, whatever. I always wondered this. So I think that all the members of this site, should send a message to Discovery Channel's "How it's made".

I'm current searching for the link and I'll post it here when I find it.

I've always been so curious how they make the different plastics,and the molds and such.

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Elves?
8 yr old girls in Taiwan?
I say they come from another dimension ... the 18th.
im guessing its just a huge machine, well multiple machines, one with the molds, one that pours the plastic, one to stamp the mold, etc...
Well john, I'm personally voting for aliens..

Kyle; yea, but I mean, how cool would it be to see those machines in action?
I don't think you will find out. My friend tried to get a tour of Discraft's factory and they wouldn't give him one. I found out I lived about a block away from the factory my whole life and never knew it was there. I went looking for it and there is no signs (it is hidden). However they make it is a pretty big secret.
Wow..Is it a small place shawn?

How could you live near one and never know about it
Yeah.. I agree, It would be awesome to get a tour of the Innova factory in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. It'd be neat having them take you through the whole process with a 1 off candy roc at the end of the tour. Hell yeah !!!! .... ..... maybe... a couple years from now... or get sponsored and THEN get a tour...... hahahaha. i need to sleep.
I remember seeing a Gateway video of them making Wizards, they showed the injection molder & they guy who removes the flashing. I'll look for it and try to post it up.
Sweet Parker!

I'll explain more about my theory tomorrow, check back later, its important!
If I remember right alot of "how" the disc is made is very proprietary. If they just showed anyone how their disc are made then you would have a TON of wasted research, and alot of copy cats. Something that comes to mind is on the Discovery Channels, How it's Made, they show you how they inject plastic from pellets into molds and created by pressure heating. It was when they were making the building block buckets. Im sure the process is very similar.

-Eric-
gateway disc does have a very short clip on making disc. go to www.gdgtours.com on the home page look to the upper middle right side. click on the "disc golf documentary" the first part of the video is disc golf history, then how they make them. i to would enjoy seeing how innova or discraft does it.
wayne durb said:
gateway disc does have a very short clip on making disc. go to www.gdgtours.com on the home page look to the upper middle right side. click on the "disc golf documentary" the first part of the video is disc golf history, then how they make them. i to would enjoy seeing how innova or discraft does it.

Your link is broken
true.. true... I wouldn't want to give my "flight secrets" away either. screw tours. It would be cool to hang out with the dudes though. Throw some plastic... test some new molds... get some prototypes...check out what happens "in the day of" an innova disc maker..??.. person?? artisan?? crafter?? what's the official job title....? injection molding technician?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968