www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am going to be visiting Colorado on my spring break coming up up in March. I was wondering if anyone would give some input on what parks to play while i am there. My buddy lives in Denver, so close to that area would be best. thanks to everyone

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hey, not quite denver- but i played a fairly new course in a town called conifer (beaver ranch) that was pretty fun-home made ( but very well made) baskets that catch as well as a mach 3 ,dont think its on pdga yet either- lots of elevation shots. i played badlands once in denver a while back- seemed pretty top notch- first hole is like 650' downhill!
not sure where you are from but if u live near sea level you are in for a shock when u visit a high elevation like co. -bring your understable plastic!
peace
You'll want to play Badlands and Johnny Roberts for sure, skip EXPO completely-it is wide open and short and boring.
Dont forget birds nest.
o and if you have time to drive hit up pueblo its one of the best in the state
yea i played expo once- total pitch n putt. just a lot of o.b. and yes the pueblo dgc is awesome! used to live in the springs and frequented it. also cottonwood and widefield in co springs arent too bad either.
Ya, im from Michigan, and love playing wooded courses, not so much the wide open ones. elevation changes would be great too since I dont get a lot of that here. Thank you all for the response. It will give me a nice starting point. how long of a drive is pueblo Austin?
pueblo is prolly about 2-2.5 hours south of denver on i-25 and 1 hr south of co springs on 25. i think badlands is your best choice, i dont think its thick woods though.
have fun in co.

hey again- i just realized- there is an extremely wooded and tough course i played in co springs recently put up in black forest. when i went there i didnt have aguide so it was a bit tough to navigate. but some of these holes were crazy- prolly now one of the best in the state. if u get a chance-this course will not dissapoint. and mad props to whoever designed and helped build this place. if its not on pdga im sure some of the co cats on thsi website could point u in the right direction.
only problem with BR is that the guys up there have reported that the snow is making the course very difficult to play lately. It is an awesome course but I would hate to see you get out there and have a real rough go of it if we get a march snowstorm. you'll definitely want to check conditions up there ahead of time. badlands would be a good choice and with the "blair witch" extra nine, you've got 27 holes with both wide open and tight holes. if you want some local company, definitely post on the MHDGC message boards when and where you want to play. almost guarantees someone will meet you for a round or two...
haha ,sorry
im in my own little world in ca. snow didnt even cross my mind!! and i lived there for 8 yrs.
man, i dont miss that stuff at all....okay maybe a lil.
let me emphasize again- if u havent played in high elevetion- all your discs are going to appear more overstable than you are used to. dont forget the leopards and pro starfires!
The Colorado Springs course is Sakuna Pines.

Dustin, I grew up in Milford. What about yourself?

I am one of the chief architects at Beaver Ranch. One clarification point is that the baskets are PDGA-approved DiscIn baskets (made in Colorado) and are sweet. http://www.discin.net/discin_005.htm

As nanook pointed out, BR might be tough to play in March, but it may be fine. You'll have to check as you get closer. Go out to www.milehighdiscgolf.org as your trip approaches and someone will be able to update you ASAP. Plus, if you ask about all the best disc golf courses in CO on that site, you'll get innundated with useful information!

Peace.

Ponto.
thanks for the tips on discs. I actualy planned on takin out some new dx discs and just launchin them off a high elevation drop. I will post on here what courses I do this on, and plan on leavin a lil note for the person to read when they find it.
OOOO, nice basket man. I grew up in lansing and have played many courses here in the 2 years I have been playing. Is BR south of denver? because I would love to check it out, but my friend and i have changed our trip a lil bit. we are going to take 3 days to drive south of CO to AZ and take route 66 back home to Michigan, stopping at parks along the way playing disc golf in a couple states. I cant wait.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968