www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am going to be visiting Colorado on my spring break coming up up in March. I was wondering if anyone would give some input on what parks to play while i am there. My buddy lives in Denver, so close to that area would be best. thanks to everyone

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

nice! sounds like u have a fun trip planned! im surethere will be lots of golf courses to stop at along your way.
ponto- kudos for those baskets u designed- they catch very well and the chains have a nice "ring" to them. better than discatchers imo.
BR is southwest of Denver, but probably not along your route.

It probably will still have quite a bit of snow on it and since you're changing your route, you should probably focus on Sakuna, Widefield and Pueblo. If you were to play two of the three, probably Sakuna and Pueblo.

Peace man and go Spartans!!
Steve,

Thanks!

But I did not build them. We made damn sure to get them installed at BR and are very proud. Shawn Ennis owns and builds Discin baskets. www.discin.net
haha, actually man I'm a UofM fan. what pueblo course are you talking about? there are 2 listed in pueblo, but it looks like its the Pueblo City Park. and where is Sakuna? even more south than Pueblo? I couldn't find it on the directory.
Wow I don't think anyone said Paco Sanchez ( aka Lakewood Dry Gulch). That course has great elevation changes and distances and it's actually literally in Denver. I just moved out here to Vegas last summer from Denver, lived there for like 4.5 years. I'd agree with the other 2courses being your best bets as other good courses to play. I really like Badlands, it's a course that basically goes uphill then downhill then uphill...... I think you get the point. O yeah and the extra 9 holes are sweet. Johnny is a short fairly technical course that plays most of the holes right next to a creek, definitely worth the stop.
My Top 3 in Denver
1 - Paco Sanchez
2 - Badlands
3 - Johnny Roberts

Pat Blazek
hey, sakuna pines is in black forest which is located on the north end of colorado springs. pueblo is about an hr south on I-25. sakuna may not be on pdga- u may wanna ask the colorado club dudes to help u out on that. sakuna will make u feel at home tho.-its what we call a chainsaw course! you basically carve out narrow lines in dense woods.
have fun!
I have not played much in Colorado for several years and have not had a chance to play the Black Forest course (heard about it but could not find it). Here is what I recall from my time in CO:

Johnny Roberts is close and a nice little course with a creek. I played Bird's Nest outside of Golden last Spring and it is wide open with room to huck, but not very technical. I hear it can be real muddy after rain or snow thaw. There was also a course just north of Denver (80th street?) near a water park, maybe that is Badlands?. Decent but once again, mostly wide open. Widefield in Co Springs used to have a superb back 9 but the parks and rec folks decimated it when they cut down a ton of trees several years ago. Even so, it is better than Cottonwood which is OK, but can be very crowded.

Pueblo was definitely the cream of Spring golf in CO (the high country courses in the summer are a definite treat!). If you have the time you can hit Widefield south of Co Springs and then Pueble for a nice double dip. Enjoy! DD
I would suggest pueblo [front range] and hit up the milehigh.org for denver info [theres alot of courses] .glenwood is one of my favs now that frisco is gone . its a ways from denver.
Yo Dustin,

Nice trip planned...You could hit up the slopes for a day too?

I'm a Lansing kid too! Courses out here are much different...less woods, less mosquitos!

Depends on which way you're headed to AZ. Got a good vehicle? You might wanna drive through the mountains down to Durango then head into AZ via the 4 corners. Play Colorado Mountain College (CMC) Glenwood Springs on your way, then Riverband Park in Palisade before turning south towards Durango. Incredible views and highway this way...you'll go through Ouray and Silverton before hitting Durango. Play Camp Timberline as you get into Durango.

Or you could go down 25 to 40, then you'll wanna play Pueblo City Park, Roosevelt Park in Santa Fe, and Thorpe or the NAU Campus course in Flagstaff.

In Denver...nothing really special here. Wish it wasn't true, but it is.
Badlands and Paco Sanchez are the best, both have good elevation change. 3 baskets for most holes at Paco, so you never know what you'll get.

Make sure you hit some of the breweries in the State while you're here. New Belgium, Avery, Breckenridge, Odells, Palisade, Coors, Budwieser...whatever ya like.

Post on milehighdiscgolf.org before you get here and there'll be a few folks to show you around.

CCR !!!

-mike

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968