www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I was thinking it would be a good idea to figure out where everyone was located, and how the courses were around there. This would help with figuring out places to meet up with other UPDGA players for a round, and eventualy to figure out where we would try to have the UPDGA Gathering.

I'm from Humboldt County, California. We have tons of great courses around here, though there is only about 1/3 of the courses are listed in the PDGA directory (and only two of those are realy good in my opinon). The backwoods mountain courses around here have great design, layout, scienery, elevation change, etc but only have sticks and trees with tape for targets, and dirt tee pads. The other great thing about most of these courses is that they are on public land and are free to use by the public. They are out deep in the mountains and have no neighbors so we can get as loud as we want. I have a portable basket that I take out to put up on a few holes and if anyone has baskets they could bring them out and set them up for a gathering. One of these courses is Ammon Ranch, World Champion Dave Fieldberg's favorite course. Very UPDGA friendly.

Views: 3

Replies to This Discussion

I am from North Carolina close to Fort Bragg. We have a few local courses that are within 30 minutes of Fayetteville. There are bunch of courses up around the Raleigh area. My favorite course to play is OT Sloan in Sanford and Luther Britt in Lumberton. There are also a bunch of private courses here. Everyone around here is pretty cool to play with.
Charleston, South Carolina and our courses here are pretty damn good. I personally take an interest in keeping them nice and ready to play. We have Trophy Lakes which is the only private course in the area. But we also have Park Circle and Tidal Creek which are walk on course that are also very nice. Please check them out on any of the directories, and play them if you are ever in the area.
Greetings from the great northwest, specifically Spokane WA! Lots of great courses up here including the clubs presidents' 160 acre discgolf reserve. With one somewhat tame course and two kick your ass, steal your favorite disc, and leave your arm hanging limp courses- this is the place to play in my area!
You know with gas prices still coming down, I'm thinking about making my DG road trip next year up to WA... but there is still the posibility of the UPDGA Gathering...
Laid back throwin' here in Virginia! Handful in the Tidewater area, but most are pretty public. Keep it in a solo and everything's smooth, plus you can figure out which holes that might 'partake'. Don't forget about The Grange, New Quarter, Walnut Creek. There's Indiantown on the Eastern Shore, and many 'friendly' private courses over there also. Come on out and throw some! I'm the one in the tie dye with the guy playin' the ipod!

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968