www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

after you mark your disc , how far are you allowed to throw behind your disc?

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

30 cm directly behind. @ the diameter of a normal disc

803.04 Stance, Subsequent to Teeing Off
A. When the disc is released, a player must:
(1) Have at least one supporting point that is in contact with the playing surface on the line of play and within 30 centimeters directly behind the marker disc (except as specified in 803.04 E); and,
(2) have no supporting point contact with the marker disc or any object closer to the hole than the rear edge of the marker disc; and,
(3) have all of his or her supporting points in-bounds.

B. Stepping past the marker disc is permitted after the disc is released, except when putting within 10 meters.
you can throw as far behind your disc as you'd like..might not be a smart way to play..:) (think on it...)
I have wonder this several times myself.

(A) By the stated rules above, it says 30 centimeters, but I have also played with golfers that agree with Ben.

(B) You can gain an advantage by throwing several feet behind your disc in certain situations. Especially when close to the basket.
Just gotta read the rules boyz. If your playing a casual round you can do what ever you like. but in a tournament don't be surprise if you get stroked if you shoot too far back or step past!
Consider this issue brought up by a fellow discer in regards to putting.

When you're putting, every inch closer to the basket could be a potential game saver. To gain some advantage (arguably) you might wish to make your "contact point" with the earth your BACK foot in the stance. This would allow you to step BEYOND your marker disc with one leg.

The catch, is that you would have to LIFT up your FRONT foot at the time of your release, and leave your BACK FOOT (the one behind the marker disc and designateed your "contact point") planted at the time of your release. Essentially, this is like putting a fade away.

Give it a try. You'll find that it's a bit awkward, but it was a interesting point brought up during a round that seems to be legal according to the rule book.
I actually meant...(read the words he wrote very carefully) that you can THROW *your disc* as far behind your marked lie as you'd like, 400' back if you want, won't be good for your score, but hey whatever is fun right? (The original question wasn't properly worded to ask FROM how har behind your lie you can be when you throw your disc...lol)
Yeah, and Ben could probably throw a good 100' further behind his disc than I could behind mine. '-)
I know DC knows how that feel! Good one Ben!
803.4 C. Any throw from within 10 meters or less, as measured from the rear of the marker disc to the base of the hole, is considered a putt. A follow-through after a putt that causes the thrower to make any supporting point contact closer to the hole than the rear edge of the marker disc constitutes a falling putt and is considered a stance violation . The player must demonstrate full control of balance before advancing toward the hole. Not valid acoustic!
only if the front foot that you lift gets set back down behind the marker, if not its a falling putt Stroked ya man!
thanx fellas
fyi...most discs are an average of 21-23cm...using a disc as a gauge shorts you by almost a third...best to mark out 30 cm on your shoes toe to heel from your marker...might give your the xtra 3-31/2 inches needed to clear a troublesome root

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968