www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am curious how many people out there have added this disc to the bag. I am also curious how many have seen the "top dogs" in their area adding them to their bags. Any Star Destroyer sightings please comment here, also comment if you like, dislike and why. Thanks in advance and happy huking!!!!

Tags: Destroyer, Favorite, discs

Views: 48

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Star destroyers are everywhere. Great disc for forehand and max crush backhand. Although in Florida the neww craze is the xcalibur, which is more stable than the destroyer. Great feel in star plastic and super fast. Another great disc made by Innova.
at first I didn't care much for it, until I started using it for more up-hill hyzer shots. It's working out great now..not my go to, but I keep it for the tight hyzer holes.
I've added 2 to my bag, but Im particular to the PRO plastic
finally got a new star D to straighten out and I was very impressed. now to work on my Xcal.

the D may be my new distance disc though. still not sure.
I carry a widye star destroyer and use it mostly for head wind shots. I either don't have the arm or proper form to really rip this disc. My primary driver is a surge which works very well and is predictable.
i like my DX better
Good sidearm disc!! 2 aces coming in the side door. Hard to turn over going backhand. Valkyrie and Wraith go much further for me. Pushing 450-475 with those. Destroyer goes 300-350 at best. I haven't tried different weights or plastics yet. Mine is a Star- 173g.
i just got one about 2 weeks ago and i have been playing almost everyday with that bitch it just has all around what i need to get it done.
3 in my bag two 1st run and 1 find it in any woods hot pink star (sidearm) Flies like a wraith but further
I have a 175g eco prototype Destroyer that has more of a domey shape that seems to be a little more stable than my 169g Star 1st Run Stamp Destroyer that I also have. I love them both. I mostly use mine for the looooong hyzer shots. The glide and distance I get with them are incredible. They have a pretty predictable skip that I can usually rely on when I need it too. Most courses that I play don't require the bad boy but it's in my bag when i need that predictability when it calls for it.
Mike Inscho said:
I have a 175g eco prototype Destroyer that has more of a domey shape that seems to be a little more stable .
Very nice to know...I like stable and was wanting to try a echo but couldnt see why i needed one... also added a cfr destoyer to my lot.
yeah... I got is as a gift from a pro that doesn't throw them. I was used to the 169g Star Destroyer so working with this newer 175 Eco D is still in the process. The Eco I have has the first run stamp on it. I know all the batches vary a little bit most likely.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968