www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am curious how many people out there have added this disc to the bag. I am also curious how many have seen the "top dogs" in their area adding them to their bags. Any Star Destroyer sightings please comment here, also comment if you like, dislike and why. Thanks in advance and happy huking!!!!

Tags: Destroyer, Favorite, discs

Views: 52

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The destroyer is my max D driver and i love it! It's been in my bag since the 1st run days! Currently I carry a 171 CFR, 172 star, 171 champ and i'm playin around with the pro...

it's replaced my wraith for the most part.. I throw em hard with a little anny and let em s-out for xtra d..
I love the Destroyer but on cold days or if I have been playing allot and my hands are tender I go with a small rimmed disc. I get a better grip on a Wraith or a Beast in those situations. My 12 time Wraith is my biggest disc still! Love the domeyness and feel of the Pro D.
The Destroyer is a sure fire way to add distance to any arm. I have one in my bag and a spare in the car on standby. I have only been throwing them for a few months though and when my first one wears in to a ridiculously fast straight shooter, I'll keep two on hand. I've seen a few local big guns using them. I wonder how many of the pros and top ams are using them though? If I could throw a Roc out to 350+ like a pro, I wouldn't have much need for a Destroyer around here.
I belive It,s a must its working out so well that i think i will get another one
i have a star first run stamp and 2 pro destroyers. L0VE them
Yep, I'd say they're pretty well received around here (NorCal). Just about everyone I know has at least one by now.

The TeeRex used to be my big D overstable disc, now it's my Destroyer. I like the Champion ones though because they're even a bit more overstable than the Star ones.
I throw just about everything outside of 30' sidearm and tend to really torque discs hard when driving, so it's nice to have a disc I don't have to worry too much about flipping.
They are quite a bit more nose angle sensitive than the TeeRex, so not as forgiving of bad form though.
The Destroyer hasn't replaced my TeeRex, just made it seem... shorter and less stable.
It's kind of like what the TeeRex did to my Wraith, and what the Wraith did to my Orc, except at this point I no longer carry a Wraith. I still carry a light Orc for long downwind shots. I'm looking forward to trying one of those new DX Destroyers for that though. It may finally edge the Orc out of the bag....

That's just me though. There are probably as many reasons for liking/not liking any particualr disc as there are disc golfers. I also realize that a lot of this is just a result of becoming accustomed to certain discs as well. I could very easily still be throwing Wraiths.

It's really not so much the arrow as it is the Indian, imho.
I have tried star, champion, and both runs of the pro. I just didn't like it. I would rather throw my tsunami if I need that (over)stable of a disc.
No Doubt!!!!! This is one awesome driver. Great for the wind, sharp Hyzers, Thumbers, Tomahawks, and anything else you can dream up!!!!! Wish I had a few more!!!
my star destroyer is pretty beat-in now, so i picked up one in champ plastic. they perform very differently, but have both been the answer to my long drive problems since all my stuff is around 10 years old and won't hold my throw anymore.
had to laugh that everyone enjoys them but the gateway sponsored guy that swears they are crap and wizards are better than aviars....ha h ah ahha ha
The Star Destroyer is super cool. It just keep on flying. Easily beat my long time favorite Surge.
I have two of the one Dx from a tournament and One star plastic. However it's not adding super distance to my drives as I was expecting from what i've read and heard about the disc. The wriath and teerex are right there in distance for me. However if I throw side arm it's smooth as butter and probably would be my longest disc by far.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968