www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am curious how many people out there have added this disc to the bag. I am also curious how many have seen the "top dogs" in their area adding them to their bags. Any Star Destroyer sightings please comment here, also comment if you like, dislike and why. Thanks in advance and happy huking!!!!

Tags: Destroyer, Favorite, discs

Views: 51

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have added a 172g Star Destroyer to my bag. At this point it fades out too quick for huge D for me, but it makes an awesome hyzer disc. I imagine that once it beats in it will be flying a lot longer than my 'Rex's and Wraiths. I have also seen local pro Christian Dietrich toting one in his bag. He almost hit an ace on our signature hole at Blue Mountain with it. About a 650 foot hole downhill, he bounced it right off the cage with a skip! Huge! I am also hoping to test out a Pro soon. Can't wait!
carry 2 in the bag
selling many of them,
Get a Shut Up & Throw Tour -08 Disc Now (Star Destroyer)!
over 80% of my courses active players have added a destroyer to their bag, and our top dog Marty Cook uses one, his son Brian Cook however is still sticking with his faithful Teerex
I still love my Star destroyer, but I have a new found respect for my cfr destroyer. thought it was way too overstable during the winter. Now that the tee pads are clear and I can get some leverage on it, it really cranks. I've thrown it over 400' 3 or 4 days in a row. a couple of times with a tail wind! It is still more stable than the star, but that helps it handle a bit of wind. The star does not like head wind at all. My best drive so far this early season is 411' just getting warmed up too!
I bought 3 CFRs as soon as they were relesed and have only used one of them. I took it to the park and launched it after I had several practice throws with my Wraiths and Tee Rexes and ... WOW. I noticed the speed right away. It didn't go much further than the others, but it sure got there faster.

I lost that CFR in the drink and around 3 months later it was returned to me. Some guy had been using it for 2 months and it was in pretty bad shape. He used it for everything, wooded holes and all. *cringe* Can't use it anymore but at least I have it back.

I now carry two star Destroyers in the bag. A used one and a new one. I HIGHLY recommend buying a DX Destroyer if you need to cross a lot of water. They are cheaper (duh) and they fly pretty much the same as the others.
I have had and lost 8 Destroyers since they have come on the market. Its like I cant keep them long enough to get the true flight out of them. I was always averaging 300-350 with them, and as it got older and flew farther, then they would end up getting lost.

So now I have gone back to my Star Max, because I never lost one of those. Plus I have an XCaliber coming, so I will see if that works. Said to be a faster Star Max, so lets see how long I can hang on to those longer.

So now I have two new Destroyers about to hit the excess box. LOL
how many pros can throw a roc out to 350?....not as many as you think
I love the Star Destroyers! Ultra Stable and very Fast!!! Of course you can get a lighter weight and it will be easier to turn over, but they still seem to come back! I have attached a picture of my latest Star Destroyer that I have purchased recently. Thought it would be even more awesome to have Darth Vader at the helm... LOL! Enjoy!

I have 3 of them in my bag. Amax weight star stamp as well as a light one. A CFR max weight as well. I have not really thrown the CFR one much, but I like the star destroyers. They are very fast and fit in my hand great, allowing me to put a little more "oomph" in my throw without flipping the disc right away. The 169 in the bag is a great hyzer flip disc already and I have only had it a month.
I prefer Pro plastic to Star, and have a Pro Destroyer in my bag. Compared to my Pro Starfire, I can get about an extra 30 feet or so. The Star Destroyer is quite common among the people I normally play with.
I have 3 . 2 are frist runs and 1 star . hard to throw them at frist , but love that distance . in my bag for good.
I LOVE THE DESTROYER. MAKES A GREAT AN-HYZER. I USUALLY USE MINE AS A ROLLER THOUGH. ITS A LITTLE FLIPPY FOR ME TO USE ON EVERY HOLE. I HAVE A BRIGHT ORANGE AND A BABY BLUE ONE. IF YOU LIKE THE DESTROYER YOU SHOULD REALLY LOOK INTO A STAR XCALIBER. ITS NOT AS FLIPPY AND I SEEM TO BE ABLE TO THROW IT FURTHER.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968