www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am curious how many people out there have added this disc to the bag. I am also curious how many have seen the "top dogs" in their area adding them to their bags. Any Star Destroyer sightings please comment here, also comment if you like, dislike and why. Thanks in advance and happy huking!!!!

Tags: Destroyer, Favorite, discs

Views: 48

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a 175 gram "1 of 80" 2008 Ice Bowl Champion Destroyer in my bag . . . I use it for those long ann-hyzer to hyzer D shots . . . great floating fade like a Discraft disc . . .

I would have to say that is faster than my Orcs or Wraiths, but much more overstable . . .

I can throw an Orc nearly 400'; not so with any other disc, but next month, it may be different . . .

My point is that ANY disc will fly different in someone else's hands . . .

I putt with Soft Challengers; weights do not matter . . . it comes down to color and, sometimes, weight . . . there are two different Soft Challenger plastics: soft and super soft . . . all coming down to color

I have a gummy 163 Orc that throws like a Valk with a straighter longer turnover line . . . the name of a disc is only an indication to its flight pattern when new . . .

Good point, Jeff
yes I have added the destroyer to my bag.for me it's a lot like a new wraith only farther and more stable.this disc goes farther on a hyser than most disc go on an "S" curve.great for headwinds and powerful throwers.I had my first 450' drive with this disc.
I think the question should be, "Have you added an Xcaliber to your bag?" The destroyer has been out since last year, why wouldn't you have one yet?
Xcaliber, yes, great sidearm disc and against headwinds.It's almost as stable as my monster but it goes farther.
LD long distance
Star are okay.. I've got a first run.

Try out the pro destroyers, they're the best ones I've thrown. They break in really nice and will hold straight forever if you've got an good arm
By far the most rewarding disc in my evolution as a player. It was the moment of clarity for my Game. I suddenly realized that Over Stable, Stable, Understable were all similiar other than the Angle of Flight Plate at Release. The Destroyer added an easy 150 ft to my drives. I realized that I easily turn disc over with my Power and snap. I relied on Valk and sidewinders thrown on a hyzer. It was my most consistent Disc. I tried Wraith and T-Rex, Monster. Had some better luck with Beast, Starfire, T-Bird. But I wasn't consistent with release angles. Then Came the Destroyer. With my Power I easily turn it for 400 plus. After awhile I started Turning them over to much. I realized that I had grown. Now T-Rex, X Caliber, Wraith all made permenant homes in my Bag. I carry 6 Destroyer's in my bag. 169-175. I have one that is flippy. Any Headwind creates a perfect Hyzer Flip. So go go destrooyers.

Cheers
Jonny Roc
Those pro destroyers are great .Everybody needs to throw one at least once. The speed is allsome. and good glide to finish off extra feet.
O' yea ! you have seen the power. DESTROYER'S RULE
I guess this thread is months old but my basic thought has become: Destroyers are fun to throw and you can bomb them, awesome for a tailwind... but nothing beats the speed+reliability combination that the XCaliber provides.
i have 4 destroyer and one retired one aced hole 10 at owatta during a tourament never was able to reach that hole before throwing a destroyer
I love the star destroyer. Great in the wind, and awesome distance. I feel the star plastic gives it a more predictable flight.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968