www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I wanted to know if other clubs out there do a "One Disc Wonder" Competition? And if so... Are the scores similar to regular, full bag scores? Format? Etc?

Tags: competition, disc, golf, missoula, montana, one, wonder

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Ann Arbor Area club A3 host the Discraft One Disc Challenge every year. Discraft brings there new prototype for the year and we all play a tourny with just the one disc. The scores just depend on the disc they have that year.
Love discraft and the one disc challenge. A3 puts on a great club and leagues every year.
Last year I shot -5 on the monster with the 'one disc' to tie with Mike Raley for the win at A3's tournament. My league average was like -4, so I actually shot better than usual, but that's rare. One rule to include: if you lose your one disc, your round is over.
The Discraft event is called the "Ace Race". Bob is asking if your clubs ever throw a bag tag or what ever using only one disc. I normally use an understable mid or a putter.
Every year they do an 'Iron Man' one-disc 18 hole tourney at Century Park in Greer, SC. Here's the scores from last year on a par 54 course- http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pDgzo2qotiKmj5ZxiOhE2RA
We hold a few of these events a year. Last year with the top players throwing only a putter on a par 54 course with the longest hole being just over 550 feet the lowest score was 46 by Christian Dietrich using his Star Aviar. Several have thrown in the high 40's to low 50's using mostly putters with one player using his Champion Valkyrie.
My crew and I do what we call Old School Sunday! Every 3 months we play a round with three disc of players choice. It is allot of fun and I always shot better than normal. No pressure is why. Last Old School Sunday I used a Proto Destroyer, Eye Roc, and Glow Aviar for the win with a +3 on a par 60 20 hole course. It was pretty windy too.
we also do a 2disc challenge night as part of our summer league series
fyi our ccr summer league was something like 14wks total but you could drop/miss 3wks...
so the 2disc may or may not have counted for your overall standings...
I would do it more but have to carry the bag for beer anyway lol
I have the dubious achievement of my record at Loriella Park being 48 with a full bag and 43 carrying only a ProLine Gremlin. Makes one wonder . . .

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968