www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Just wondering how or if I can keep my disc golf bag as a carry on ?

I'm sure someone has done this.. I leave Sunday. I'm taking a train up to Virginia.. then riding with a cousin of mine up to N.Y. I'm coming back NEXT Sunday on a plane. Planes, Trains and Automobiles !! I'd like to take my Innova Skill shot with me too but I'm not sure about that either.

Tags: carry, luggage, on

Views: 153

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I carry my bag on when I travel by air on business. Have never had a single problem. Makes a great conversation starter. Be sure to take an extra beginner disc or two, because inevitably you talk to someone who is *really* interested. I gave a Crystal Z-Challenger to Muhammad Ali once in the DC airport.
I've taken my bag to many different places, usually find time during the flight to clean up my disc's (hand wipes are amazing or alchol pads if you got them) ditto on what teri said thou, Many people will ask you and you'll stumble into other golfers, which is handy cause if their local you got a tour guide..
I've flown and taking the train with my discs as a carry-on...no problem.

What you should have a heads up on...is, and I'm assuming your traveling AmTraK into Lorton...what they don't tell you is about the potential for delays...CSX owns the tracks and they have the right away...be prepared to possibly be late getting in. We had a 10 hour delay on the train...which screwed our plans up a bit. Most of those delays were in the Carolinas. You may not have the same delays on the commuter train as we did on the auto train.

When going through the security checkpoint at the airport...don't have a MP 3 player wedged down in your discs...that will get you a special moment with the TSA.
You can take it as a carry on to a plane

I do
I saw lots of great ideas posted, especially Terry's idea which is a conversation starter in my experience. I have found something that works for me. I grab a backpack and put my discs in there, which allows me to store other things in the backpack as well. I put my laptop in one bag, my discs and everything in the backpack and I'm ready to go. Hope you have a good trip!
Thanks for all the advice. Flying with my disc golf stuff is a new thing but I HAVE to check out some of the courses where I grew up at. I couldn't just leave my disc at home.. no sir !!
hey now,leave the skill shot home,carry on SHOULD not be a ny problem,ditto what Terry said about conversation piece and you might just convert a ball player or/and make them jealous.smaller bag to carry without he extra luggage fee.Enjoy your trip.Peace
a few years back, right after 9-11, I carried my bag on, and security checked it out with cotton swabs, they were very interested in my discs, no so much my bag, lol
mY ROOMMATE FLEW IN FROM CANADA THE OTHER DAY AND SAID THEY CHECKED HIS BAG AT SECURITY AND THEY WERE PULLING THE DISC OUT AND TALK ABOUT THEM AND ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT DISC GOLF. DISC GOLF BAG AS A CARRY-ON MAY BE ONE SUTTLE WAY TO SPREAD THE SPORT. CARRY ON!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968