www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

As a father it aways hard for me to get my kids to listen to Christian music they only want to listen to mainstream stuff like 'the Game" "Kanye West" and "P diddy" if thats what he's calling himself now, it hard to keep up with all his name changes. Anyways I try not to be the evil parent and let them listen to what they want as long as I don't hear F bombs coming out of the room, as a fellow christain parent what do your kids listen to. I listen to a wide range of Christian music Rap, R & B, Gossiple, Funk, Rock & Hardcore Rock, I also listen to Michal W. Smith because my wife tells me I like it.

Views: 53

Replies to This Discussion

Toby Mac is Awsome!!! we saw him in concert and his group has a lot of energy, very intertaining
Every year I take our Youth Group to the Creation Festival in central Pennsylvania. Our kids listen to a variety of groups: Hawk Nelson, Remedy Drive, Newsboys, Red, Casting Crowns and my current favorite - Skillet. Outstanding music, terrific lyrics and a great alternative to mainstream music.
I listen to all kinds of christian rock,rap, R & B, Contempary I will add the list of names later as I am a bad speller and want to look at the cd's first LOL, I watch the music awards and listen to all these groups get up there and give thanks to God and Jesus...just onces I would like to see them add a christian type song on their cd.
Here is the list of CD'S I have with me in Europe:

J'SON Life on life
TripLee if they only knew
Day of Fire cut and move
Flame
Tedashii Kingdom people
Skillet Comatose
Toby Mac deversecity
Decyfer down Crash
12 Stone
Flame Our world
Deitrich Haddon lost and found
Starfield beauty in the broken
POD Satellite
Decemberadio
Lecrae after the music stops & Rebel
Falling up dawn escapes
Red end of silence
Pillar the reckoning
I thought I would throw this out here.. I have a list of Christian music artists that is HUGE.. alot of different genres, but mostly, rap, alternative, and rock. My rap library includes probably 40-50 different artists. Hit me back if you want a list.

-Tom
Both of my children love Kutless and Hawk Nelson. My wife has always liked rap, and I've always liked more rockish-type stuff. She really enjoys KJ52 and several others. I recently acquired one of the newer Hawk Nelson albums. Do you receive AIR1 (a sibling of KLOVE) locally? It is a great station to explore these genre interests in a Christian format. And of course, there is always www.air1.com for live internet streaming of the station.

-Derek, DiscGolfOregon.com
I want . . . please . . . =)

-Derek, DiscGolfOregon.com

On the subject of rap, I have a Pandora station built on Hillsong plus some thumbs up and thumbs down.  If you don't know what that means, check it out at www.pandora.com.  It's free.

Anyway, one time the station played Lord is a Warrior by Mark Pappa, which has a rap section in it.  I loved it and thumbed it.  Thumbing it very quickly diversified my pandora station!  I like the rap part, especially where he says, "Somebody call the coroner; the Lord is a warrior!" 

Recently I've been listening to Jesus Culture on youtube, mainly because my wife is overseas and cannot get Pandora.  So I've been listening to stuff she can get and then recommending it to her.  Jesus Culture has some long concerts on youtube. 

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968