www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

How about a Forum for "Disc Golf Road Trips?"

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Okay.
It would be nice to 'invite' people to certain 'groups' without having their e-mail address
I agree. Meanwhile, a work-around would be to compose an email to your whole club and send them an "invitation" outside this system.

If you go to your group's home page and look up in the browser address line, you'll see a direct Web link to that group home page. You can cut and paste it like am doing here - http://discgolfer.ning.com/group/geezers - for the Geezers group, and format your email any way you want.

If one of your club members clicks on that link, it will take them to a page where they are asked to either "sign in" or "register." If they register, they will immediately be sent an email with a confirmation link in it. I am pretty sure that when they click on that confirmation link they will either (a) go to your club page or (b) to a sign in page and, that if it is (b), when they sign in they will go to your club page.

Hope that's helpful.
I'm figuring that by this you mean people that you already know are in discgolfersR.us? If so, then . . .

If you go to your group's home page and look up in the browser address line, you'll see a direct Web link to that group home page. You can cut and paste it like am doing here - http://discgolfer.ning.com/group/geezers - either onto their "wall" or into a direct message to them inside here. The link will take them right to your group.

I think the only time this would not work *might* be if you create a closed group that can *only* entered with an invitation. Frankly, I don't know what would happen in that case. I have only created one, so far, and I am the only member :)
I was just thinking the same thing. Hopefully this is what this site will help with. I am going on a DG weekend this Saturday and Sunday to La Mirada, Oak Grove, Hunnington and El Dorado but can't seem to find anyone to go along.
Oh well... maybe next time! :)
I would love to watch more videos, but right now it's hard because of the setup. You can only search for most recent, top rated, and most popular. Is there a way we can search for certain tags, and pick whether it can come up as video, photo, or something else?
Here in Montana we have what is called the Montana Points Series. Hopefully I will be hitting up all six spots for this in the summer, or at least most of them.
I agree, Aaron, and we will eventually have this. Try the search button at the top of each page, too. Unfortunately, people need to be in the habit of actually using tags.
Awesome, I know all of this is still brand new.

Thanks for replying!
Is there a way to delete people off of my friends list? If there is, it is not jumping out at me. Thanks
Dave, if you go to the top of every single page, you will see in the very upper left hand corner a little envelope and a little "head and shoulders" avatar.

If you click on the avatar, a window will open with all of your friends listed. Below each of their avatars is a "Remove" button. Click on it and they are off your friends list.
Thanks Terry. Not sure why I did not see that before.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968