www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Anyone know of a booklet/map I can get that shows all the DFW area courses, directions, descriptions? I imagine with all the courses you guys have in that area, someone has made a DG map by now and sells it or gives it out at a store.
The PDGA book directory inset for DFW doesn't show the city names well, I cannot read them. That makes it tough to know which courses are near Dallas and where.
I'd be grateful for any help I can get, will be in the area in a few days, and for over a week probably!

Tags: Dallas, Texas

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just wanted to bring it back to the front page.
I'm not sure of a directory, but I played a decent DG course in Arlington. It had a couple interesting holes through the desert like "woods". A few of the holes are wide open that made it like I was playing on a soccer field, but that was only the last three or so.

It's at Veterans Park which I'm pretty sure is off Park Rd. The park is on local maps and is in the southern part of Arlington - closer to Ft. Worth than Dallas. I'm sorry if it's not the info. you're looking for, but it's all I have.
Ben use the PDGA zip code thing on the online course directory!
Thanks, I thought there were way more courses in the DFW area?

Bill Burns said:
Which ones are you planning on going to, and which ones have you already played? I can give you a good rundown on the rest of them.
I have no idea, I can never plan ahead like that. Tomorrow- Athens, Rockwall, Garland

Already played Lester, BB Owen

I only see like 25 on that dallas map, can't read the pdga book to see which cities are around dallas as the inset is too small print. I thought there were a lot more courses around Dallas. Im sure ill hit most, moving from west to east.
Bill Burns said:
Which ones are you planning on going to, and which ones have you already played? I can give you a good rundown on the rest of them.
Ok Garland is trashed right now. Aoutobahn? They are reduing all of it. not worth it. I love Rockwall for sure. Its pretty challenging. Also Try Mesquite. They have a tournament there on Oct. 26 that im playin in. I love the course. Except i lost my Flash to a river on hole 7....WOMP
There are at least 4 courses that are not shown on the linked map - three of them are new courses in Mesquite on the east side of town, and close to the Garland couse (Audobon). You should enjoy the Rockwall course, but some holes can be quite marshy.

There is also a new course in Ft Worth, Arcadia #2, that is not shown there.

See we got lots of courses here! I remember when the only course you guys had was in the Troy/Royal Oak area.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968