www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Can anyone comment on what they believe is the best Discraft disc? I have the Buzz esp flx and love it. I'm not too impressed with the Avenger. And the challenger pro is alright. Please advise a Utah discgolfer.

Views: 947

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can attest to that. I use my ESP Buzzz on most of my turn over shots where I don't want to run the risk of it flexing out and fading back. If I commit to it and give it the speed and angle it needs I can turn the buzzz over and land consistently anywhere between 150-300ft.

Of course it's designed to fly straight and level and it does that better than any other disc I've thrown too.
my 175 elite z buzzz. almost hit my first ace with it yesterday and i just got it yesterday. man do these things fly straight! im buying 2 more for my bag. this is one disc i will never be caught without
I personally am in love with the Venom. It's a limited edition disc so it may be a little hard to find. Bear in mind that I play at altitude (6,200') so discs always break a little harder up here. Just put a little anny on it and watch it fade back...just put one 430' the other day. BTW, I'm really digging the ESP/FLX plastic Discraft has been releasing....super durable and great grip!
Wow....just got back from my first round with the new Discraft Ace Race disc. I love this disc!! I'd say it's just a bit less stable than a Buzzz. It's a basic point and shoot disc. It'll hold it's line to wherever your aiming it. I've been trying to find a go-to mid-range for a while now (champ classic roc, champ roc, kc pro roc, drone, buzzz, breeze, skeeter) and I think I've found it. Now I need to know what to call it!
Awww... man! I'm bummed I can't make it this year. :(

Is it shaped like a buzzz? Rounded wing and flat flight plate?

Craig said:
Wow....just got back from my first round with the new Discraft Ace Race disc. I love this disc!! I'd say it's just a bit less stable than a Buzzz. It's a basic point and shoot disc. It'll hold it's line to wherever your aiming it. I've been trying to find a go-to mid-range for a while now (champ classic roc, champ roc, kc pro roc, drone, buzzz, breeze, skeeter) and I think I've found it. Now I need to know what to call it!
Flex Buzz is the bomb. However, the new Ace race disc, sort of a Buzz Jr. is wicked controllable. Kind of Discraft's Roc if you will. Not tournament legal yet, but such a great disc.
For reasons I haven't yet figured out, I can't control a Roc nearly as well as I can a Buzzz. Must be something to do with the shape of the rim and my grip. I use a combination of Buzzz, T-Bird, and Gator for my mid-range game. I haven't found a home for the Roc just yet but so many people love it, I think I'll get back in the field and work on it some more... or maybe just wait for this disc to get approved!
for me I have many favorites but i would have to say that The best driver for me would be the first run z tracker( good luck finding these baby's although i did find one in glow) Mid-range is tuff but right now i will go with the ESP zone, and for Putters the only choice on the planet ANY challenger at max weight.

Picking just one disc for ever from discraft I would choose the Buzz
Calico Jack said:
Awww... man! I'm bummed I can't make it this year. :(

Is it shaped like a buzzz? Rounded wing and flat flight plate?

Craig said:

Jack...
It's actually got a more rounded lip and the lid is a little more domey. Also, the disc is just a touch smaller in diameter. Not legal yet? Good thing Browns 'n Bows isn't a sanctioned event.
the Buzz Esp FLX is the only Discraft disc I use
Does Discraft make a Z Drone ?
ESP FLICK 150 Class for controlled, backhand lazer drives! For tomahawk and deadly sidearm accuracy, I prefer the Elite Z Surge 173 grams of pure fun!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968