www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

List one thing that you think that might help the game on disc golf be even better than it is.

Views: 16

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yea know I kinda thought this topic was a bit silly since we all do our part, but in the last topic I just vented in I desided to post here.

I vow to help this game by NOT purchasing anything discgolf related at Wal-Mart. I furthurmore vow to let every new player know that they should go quality over price and let someone experineced help them and make their first game memoriable.

-Eric-
i think there should be more youth clinics. if someone from every course took 5 kids out a few times a week i think we would have a bigger mainstream following with more coverage and championship quality courses.

its our future! dont nagg and hate on younger or slower players it discourages them from coming back. give them tips instead.

i have 3 boys and a couple baskets we're always doing putting games or going to the school with our baskets and many kids come up wondering whats going on. i give em a putter and say try it out.

good people and good attitudes make the sport grow with positivity, and always PICK UP YOUR TRASH it reflects on all of us. peace
Pick up your trash! There is nothing worse than a beautiful course made ugly by trash. I'm convinced the reason disc golfers have a less than sterling reputaion (at least where I live) is because of the condition 5% of golfers leave the course in, while the other 95% of us Pack-in/Pack-out.
Right on, Craig. I've even seen local schools have a trash clean-up day at a course. Heck, my daughter once cleaned up a course for a service project. Keep it clean. It's not that tough.
Cason Leavitt said:
I agree. Do it or don't. No one is putting a gun to your head.

beatz said:
I laugh at some of these posts. Im sorry i really do.

People crying cause discs are to expensive, people have to wear polo's at pdga events.

Supply and demand, Its as simple as that ! If people buy a disc at 16 bucks why mark the price down ? If a certain disc doesnt sell to their expectations they discontinue it.

Why not look presentable when you are playing at the top level ? There is no restrictions except for either a polo shirt or a dri fit shirt. No offence but how many of you guys actually play more then 2 NT's ? i can think of a handful on this site. SO in other words your nice ing about something that really doesnt apply to you.

cant afford discs ? dont play !

dont want to wear a collared shirt? dont join the pdga or play NT's.

its pretty simple.

Could have stated this better earlier, oh well. All I did was agree with someone else and added the idea of more beginner courses.

It is common to have a difference of opinion but to use words like "crying" does not add anything to the discussion. People have legitimate concerns and to characterize those as "crying" is not being very constructive (Help the Game). A better choice of words may have been more diplomatic, but your point was very, very clear.

If someone has a concern about the cost of a disc then maybe it might be a good idea to contribute instead of dismissing it all together. Like your pointed out, it is all about choice. You can choose to particpate but for someone younger the choice is not always so simple.

Good Luck to all.
I've been seeing ESPN in the earlier parts of this post. How about having a spot on the Golf Channel. yeah.. it's not ESPN2 but it's a start. If this has already been stated.. my bad. I didn't feel like reading through all 7 pages.

I think more players the better. As the sport grows.. so won't the exposure. It's inevitable.
A spot for the Daytona Open 1999 was on The Golf Academy Show.
Featured disc golf, Climo Interview, Myself and others....
(The Golf Channel)

Mike Inscho said:
I've been seeing ESPN in the earlier parts of this post. How about having a spot on the Golf Channel. yeah.. it's not ESPN2 but it's a start. If this has already been stated.. my bad. I didn't feel like reading through all 7 pages.
I think more players the better. As the sport grows.. so won't the exposure. It's inevitable.
How about making courses a little more beginner and Am friendly. Maybe start a Recreational Disc Golf League for those folk who can't throw 400-600 ft. That's right Steady Ed did start the RDGA it just didn't get the enthusiasm that the PDGA did. If the game isn't fun, it's too much like work, beginners can get turned off. Bring back the RDGA.
cold beer
Nitegolfer:

What would you call it then if crying is not the correct term? Please tell me what is.

This sport has and always will have a stereotype with it. A bunch of hippies drinking beer and smoking weed out in public just throwing a frisbee. PDGA events are trying to show the world that its not solely that. There is a cult following trying to expand the horizon of the sport. People that see there can be mass appeal to the younger and older generations. How many guys do you see out on the course any givin day that are older then 50 ? Hell when is the last time you saw Tiger Woods slam a beer after just getting an eagle ?

Stereotypes is what is killing this sport not componies who supply a product at what they think its worth.

Yeah i get it we all stand for for cause and thats disc golf, doesnt mean i cant have a difforant opinion as to how we need to look and present the sport to the world.
when im getting ready to head out and play, i invite anyone who is present.and then i make phone calls to others i know might be interested.when someone tells me that they have never played,im relentless.i will do anything i can to get that new person to go.the new person is my focus.do whatever you can to get the new person to go.
hey now,throwing a frizbee around is way different than entering/throwing a disc or tourney.Lighten up.One's opinion is just that,an opinion on a subject,issue that they feel a need to express out to the public.There are many short hair,collar wearing,beer drinkers,weed smokers that I run across on the course.Me thinks you should rethink your stereotype of a long hair,short hair enjoying the game.Tourney play is a total different field of game.Rules that should/need to be followed.Chill,hit chains.Peace

beatz said:
Nitegolfer:

What would you call it then if crying is not the correct term? Please tell me what is.

This sport has and always will have a stereotype with it. A bunch of hippies drinking beer and smoking weed out in public just throwing a frisbee. PDGA events are trying to show the world that its not solely that. There is a cult following trying to expand the horizon of the sport. People that see there can be mass appeal to the younger and older generations. How many guys do you see out on the course any givin day that are older then 50 ? Hell when is the last time you saw Tiger Woods slam a beer after just getting an eagle ?

Stereotypes is what is killing this sport not componies who supply a product at what they think its worth.

Yeah i get it we all stand for for cause and thats disc golf, doesnt mean i cant have a difforant opinion as to how we need to look and present the sport to the world.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968