www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

List one thing that you think that might help the game on disc golf be even better than it is.

Views: 18

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Courses, free lessons to beginners, and cheaper stuff

How do we make nice courses when everything costs so much?

And how do you attract kids to the sport? They can't really afford it unless their parents give them money

Sure, we can attract some adults to the sport..But its some 60 year old guy really gonna be the nixt climo or doss?

Bring in the young kids, and they'll bring their friends.

It will all start with building the courses, as mark said.
UNITY! Nothing ever happens over night. You just have to stick with it. And never forget the small things. i.e. When you're playing a casual round with your friends and you see casual/beginner golfers attempting to play, ask them to join you, even if it's a couple of holes. The best advertising is word of mouth. The TV stuff ESPN that will eventually come. Growth is what will help make this sport even better. I have come to find that the more a beginner finds out about the sport the more they get hooked. I am not talking about just walking up to someone and rattling off every flight to ever disc known to golf. Just being genuine.
Real Advertising. And Real advertising costs lots.

*Note:
There are those with their hands out, wanting everything for free.
And those with a real grasp on life knowing that, what you get for free, is worth exactly that.

My son's high school sport costs more than disc golf.....
Eh mark..who only has 3 discs...? Lmao...

But once, you get discs, you want a basket to practice putts in

AND then you want more gear
I suppose <.br />
Soccer: cleats and a ball 60$
Football: Pad and a helmets ?$
Swimming: Suit and Goggles 30$

So 20 bucks for disc golf is reasonable i suppose
How about letting the pros be themselves and not having to wear khaki shorts and a polo?
nothings wrong with a certain outfit. if ur taking it seriously chances are you have no problem with what ur supposed to wear
Hi dear all,

Target's price are quite expensive up to now but Next year, you will find a new model (foldable) for around 70$ in France !

Nice possibilities are also to propose putting game in highway's stations during hollidays rush .

Here in France I also put one target on a beach bar, some discs and everybody plays putting game, bets, drink, bets, drink,....

Have nice flights !

Jean
$$$!!!
Foldable targets are kind junk-ish

just my opinion
very true i started last year with a dx roc , beast and aero cost right around 23 dollars after tax. A good basket ball cost more than that and if your lucky you can get a baseball glove for that but what about the cleats. cost in this sport is what you make of it. i have spent a lot of money on discs but that is by choice i don't need to. i could probably play the rest of my life with the discs i have

Mark Stephens said:
For around $20 you can get 3 DX discs. That is not too bad to start out with. Can you buy a baseball glove for that? No. Can you buy a basketball for that? Maybe. For $20 you cannot get into any other sport so it is not that bad. People do not Star or ESP discs to start out with.

Kyle Jacob Smalling said:
Courses, free lessons to beginners, and cheaper stuff

How do we make nice courses when everything costs so much?

And how do you attract kids to the sport? They can't really afford it unless their parents give them money

Sure, we can attract some adults to the sport..But its some 60 year old guy really gonna be the nixt climo or doss?

Bring in the young kids, and they'll bring their friends.

It will all start with building the courses, as mark said.
thats how i learned so fast

Audi said:
UNITY! Nothing ever happens over night. You just have to stick with it. And never forget the small things. i.e. When you're playing a casual round with your friends and you see casual/beginner golfers attempting to play, ask them to join you, even if it's a couple of holes. The best advertising is word of mouth. The TV stuff ESPN that will eventually come. Growth is what will help make this sport even better. I have come to find that the more a beginner finds out about the sport the more they get hooked. I am not talking about just walking up to someone and rattling off every flight to ever disc known to golf. Just being genuine.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968