www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

List one thing that you think that might help the game on disc golf be even better than it is.

Views: 18

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

discgnome said:
How about making courses a little more beginner and Am friendly. Maybe start a Recreational Disc Golf League for those folk who can't throw 400-600 ft. That's right Steady Ed did start the RDGA it just didn't get the enthusiasm that the PDGA did. If the game isn't fun, it's too much like work, beginners can get turned off. Bring back the RDGA.

Actually I have a buddy that I play Sunday Doubles with here in Arizona. They have a Wed Night beginner league just for Rec to Intermid. They run it just like the DGC here does with prizes each night being a T-Shirt, Disc, etc. Its a pretty cool thing and they get a fairly decent turnout. On top of that I am seeing more ppl show up to play at this course now and its just a little 9 Hole 18 played backwards setup in a washout area by the highway.

Cool things are happening.

-Eric-
My thoughts is that the PDGA needs to consider their market. If people are complaining about 10-20 over disc prices than why would they join the PDGA. The 40 dollars a year is not much but for people playing recreational and somewhat competitive (a few tourneys a year). You are not getting your moneys worth. How about a break in price if you join for 5 years on 10. They offer no break at all. Good luck getting your money out of a lifetime membership. Perhaps putting a heaver price tag on the pro memberships seeing that they are actually winning money! Keep it affordable for the ams. and more might join.
This goes for the EDGE program as well. Sure a bigger city might be able to budget the cost of this. Which doesn't seam any more affordable than just buying some bulk baskets and a tourney package? What about all the rural areas where this is not in the budget? They should be going out of their way to get the packages to these schools for free. I am sure that they could pull it off. (tax right offs etc.) Its all a business and it seams like everything else customer service has been long forgotten. Lets just make money. You want exposure than give the stuff away(or help out) you would be surprised with the results. that goes for Rec players you want people to join you give them some of the old discs laying around and let them have at it. I know that it has been worth it to me to turn people on and give them a putter and mid to get them going. What am I out ! Come on help your brothers and sisters out!
John Hodgkins said:
More PDGA Tournaments IE Amateur tourneys.

its not the pdga its the TD's that run the tournaments who decide, cause most pdga tournaments offer all divisions as long as there are 3 players in that division.
pro - open (men/women)
am - advanced, intermediate, rec, and novice (men/women)
juniors - >19, >16, >10
we just need more TD's to hold more tournaments for the growing of the sport
AMEN!

Also, local leagues doing what they can to get "rec" players more involved in leagues and tourneys (whether sanctioned or not).

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968