www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I don't really know what to look for as far as a driver turn over disc goes.
I know the stingray is a good one for me in the mids what is similar to that in drivers?

innova or discraft i would like positive or negative opinions

I was thinking about the sidewinder or the roadrunner maybe the leopard i don't like the stratus or the comet

Tags: Discs

Views: 300

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Roadrunner works fine ... But it's a little unpredictable (same for the Sidewinder IMO), both are good long hysersnap discs and can go really far if thrown well, Sidewinder is a little better I think.

For long turnover shots I think I would choose a Beast, and I like CH or Star.

A good Leopard is the shiznit, and once you learn how to throw it good, it'll go just as far as the Roadrunner. JMO
I like the Star Leopard, must be RED (lol), and 175g! And I don't care if it's brand new, or broken in ... just a matter of knowing the mold.
Don't underestimate the "speed" of this disc.
Enough cannot be said about the Avenger SS. Just tried the FLX version and if I was not already sold on the ESP version,(which I was!) The FLX verson is off the hook. Let your confidence in Discraft grow, just like your putting did, by means of DIscraft. I've been using the Avenger SS for about 6 mos and it has definitely taken the place of my XS. AWESOME DISC!!
I highly reccomend a Sidewinder! I lost mine and now know I need one in my bag. Roadrunner's are good, but once they get beat up, you can use it more for a roller disc. Currently I'm using a Pro Beast and a beat Pro Wraith for my Annie drives.
I like the Roadrunner for longer turn overs. The FLX Avenger SS holds the line pretty well too.
Got a really good deal on a factory second 174 champ leopard today 6 bucks at play it again sports
i use a star beast for quick turn overs like if i want it to turn within like 150-200 ft and a star valk for any turn over past that distance. roadrunner and sidewinding for backhand rollers
thats the real deal Garrett!
i sometimes use a normally straight driver for me in lighter weights
Pro valk is a good one.

Beat us pro wraith is good as well.
With the Sidewinder...I totally agree. but Im a predominantly Sidearm thrower (like 80% on drives and long up-shots, then midrange to putt I throw backhand unless it's a tricky shot.) All i got to say is I love the sidewinder...I don't use it on every drive but every course has a number of holes where the sidewinder fly pattern is deadly...I've never really experimented with it backhand though so it really depends on your style of driving and the type of plastic you use... because When I turn a disc over it goes left, most people are trying to turn theirs right.
The Sidewinder for me. It's long, fast, and will hold a great turnover line. I also throw the Leopard as a turnover fairway driver.
DX plastic Teebird.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968