www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Disc Golfers in the Monterey Bay area were saddened to discover that baskets #12 & #18, at "The Oaks" course had been stolen. The crime happened sometime between Sunday night and Monday morning (Feb. 17th & 18th).
That Sunday day there were a lot of disc golfers on the course, getting some practice in on both "The Cypress" and "The Oaks", located on the California State University Monterey Bay (CSUMB) campus. The reason there were so many disc golfers present was the fact that, next weekend (Feb. 23rd & 24th) the two courses will be the sight for the 10th annual Otter Open. The Otter Open is the biggest tourney in Monterey County, and attracts some of the biggest names in the game. Nate Doss the current World Champion and National Tour Points Winner, has won the Otter Open the last three years.
There is a $300.00 reward for the return of the baskets. The baskets are Mach Fives with rusty S hooks, they also have orange pole stickers with the numbers 12 or 18. Contact Merle Witvoet (831) 688-5567, if you have any information. Thank You.
-Cloud Pemble

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well that just sucks. Good luck retreiving the baskets - I love that course! Could you PM me with info on how they were removed? i just installed a course locally and want to make sure that our baskets are protected against whatever theft methods are in use.
That blows. Who's willing and able to kick in a few dollars to replace them. I'm in where would we send money to and who?
The baskets were cut right above the locks with some sort of saw. It was a very clean cut. Maby if the polls had been filled with concrete they would not have been stollen.
Hey David, That is a very kind offer. If you wanted to donate some money I would call Merle Witvoet at (831) 688-5567. Merle is the TD for the Otter Open, the disc golf coach for the CSUMB Otters, and the Oaks course designer. He is a great ambassador of the sport.To my knowledge the baskets were still in the process of getting paid off to the DGA, and were in Merle's name. You might even be able to send the money directly to the DGA.
Thanks David.
-Cloud
better find those low-lifes, we gots a tourney this weekend!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968