www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

In golf there is Augusta National, Pebble Beach, Shinnecoc hills (i know its mispelled but apperently you cant write the c word even if its apart of another word), St. Andrews, and Pinehurst.

What are the greatest disc golf courses...

I only hear about Rock Hill, Is that the best? Me and my group are going to the open to play there, but we are thinking about setting up a road trip next year to go see some great courses. . . .

What is the most scenic?

Tags: best, course, disc, golf

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like Ludington, Michigan a whole lot......play the three courses at Mason county.....then hit leviathan......and finally down the road to flip city. Pretty good golfing to be had in that stretch of the mitten!!!
Each course I have played , have signature type holes that stand out !!!!
I also like the 3 course layout of the San Francisco Safarri in Golden Gate Park !!!!! Has Everything !!!!! Elevation , Trees , Water , Wilderness !!!!!
From an international players perspective, the Maple Hill and Winthrop courses look fantastic, but once its fully complete, the IDGC will become the Mecca of disc golf in my opinion. A disc golf museum and 3 courses? Sounds sweet.
also about 45 minutes or less away from the idgc you have the beautiful lake olmstead and the privately owned hippodrome which is awesome. I took a trip to minnesota a few months ago and while they have alot of courses in the minneapolis area ( the best is blue ribbon pines ) they just dont have the quality that the idgc area has. next trip is charlotte, n.c.
I don't know about the single best course. But the best mix of good courses in one city would have to be Tulsa, Oklahoma. I go there every year just to play all of the courses. Good city to stay in also.
Is "mecca" just one course (like Delavega) or one place with multiple courses (IDGC) or one city/metropolitain area with one or more courses, or is it any of those? Your answers will depend on what you mean by mecca
>>De La Vega in Santa Cruz !!!!!

Thanks Donny I will assume that this is in California- someplace named after Tom Cruze

Other people please put in your STATE or Country such as Finland so we can look you up on Mapquest.
You see there are probably about half a dozen Springfields Hamilton and even a London and Paris Ontario.
Actually when I saw SANTA CRUZ with me being up in Canada I figured with SANTA in it - it must be the North Pole! (:-))

OK Disc Golfers keep them coming- hows this Winthrop place as a Disc Coarse? Georgia?
the quad cities area. (davenport, iowa usa - bentendorf, iowa usa - rockisland, illinois usa - moline, illinois usa) have multiple courses all within 20min of each other. west lake park in davenport, iowa usa is one of the most challenging in the area 24 holes with par of 89 from the pro tees. checkout http://quadcitydiscgolf.com/
Lemon Lake County Park in Cedar Lake Indiana has 3 Championship courses and number 4 is getting planted when time permits...the baskets were delivered. A HUGE variety of shots, elevation change, woods, mowed grass, mostly concrete teepads with some fly pads...it's got it all. check pics and video at

www.channelzdj.com

Bart
Where are you coming from. Charlotte has Sagaw Park, Hornets Nest, and Reedy Creek, Gastonia, NC has Rankin Lake, then work your way to Burlington, NC for Cedar Rock Park (2 great 18 hole courses) then Durham, NC with Valley Springs and Cornwallis Parks and just 10 minutes from Cornwallis is UNC Chapel Hill has a nice course. Then there ius Raleigh, NC you have Cedar Hills Rotary Park, Buck Horn, then East to Zebulon, NC. These would be a week plus worth playing. When you come to Burlington I am open to hosting a couple people while in the area. Drop me a line. jetjr1353@bellsouth.net
morley feild, san deigo, ca

albion, mi

flip city, mi

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968