www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

In golf there is Augusta National, Pebble Beach, Shinnecoc hills (i know its mispelled but apperently you cant write the c word even if its apart of another word), St. Andrews, and Pinehurst.

What are the greatest disc golf courses...

I only hear about Rock Hill, Is that the best? Me and my group are going to the open to play there, but we are thinking about setting up a road trip next year to go see some great courses. . . .

What is the most scenic?

Tags: best, course, disc, golf

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not a hard course but really scenic.. Island off the toronto bay, Awesome view's on the way to and from..
Horse Mountain, Humboldt County, CA
Now, i want real strong courses not your local fav... im talkin the best of the best.
twin parks dripping springs texas
saw pics of it online, looks nice. Dont know if i would call it the best ever.

humchris said:
Horse Mountain, Humboldt County, CA
I wasn't talking about a local favorite, I am talking about the best course I know of. Great Scenery, realy well designed holes, variety, elevation changes, HUGE EPIC HOLES, etc...
It's an unlisted object course in the mountians of Humboldt County, dirt tee pads, and sticks with tape for targets.
And before you ask, yes I have played DeLaVeaga and Horse is better.
I would get with Ben on that...or Hos, they probably have the best perspective on that.
Highbridge Hills Sports Complex, WI

3 world-class par 54+ long and technical courses on massive, varietal terrain, all in one spot literally. Add in 2+ other 18 hole courses one of which is super short and tight, plus a 9 hole warm-up course by the campground.
Maple Hill. Only speaking from experience. I havn't been to that many courses yet.

-Eric-
I have played many top courses including the ones at Highbridge, Wi, Warwick NY, Tyler St Pk, and many other courses used at Pro Worlds, NTs and A-tiers.

However, without any doubt the two courses at Paw Paw, WV are the absolute best mix of beauty, physical and mental challenge. Attend the West Virginia Open A-tier over Labor Day Weekend and you will experience disc golf that is unparalled. The Woodshed is my personal favorite but the Whipping Post also has some amazing holes and is a close second and great complement to the WS.

The wooded holes are so tough you will be forced to throw through narrow gaps that you normally would never attempt on other courses but this challenge will definitely make you better. The open holes require you to really think about setting up your second shot and the landscape of steep hills, ravines, valleys and fast greens really make you shape your shot.

And of course the surrounding WV mountains and pristine skyline make for a beautiful backdrop for disc golf.
This is a great TOPIC- can we select the BEST 3 COURSES STATE BY STATE (Province)
That way if I happen to be on Vacation lets say in Las Vegas I can look up peoples selections
and PLAN a trip with DISCS and Tanning lotion.

Do you want to see an Unusual Coarse- too bad its only one weekend a year- SCREAMING HEADS.
Look it up (I think Hardcore Hyzer has a link on his page) Concrete Faces as obstacles!
a real OMG factor! This is not your Typical GOLF COARSE!
De La Vega in Santa Cruz !!!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968